Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Salary: Depending on experience
Contract: Part-time (initially)Introduction
We are looking for a qualified Financial Accountant, who has worked in the private and not for profit sectors, to join our rapidly growing team. The position is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The role is initially part-time but with the aim to become a full-time role over time.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller based in London and the Country Manager based in Dar es Salaam, the Financial Accountant will prepare and maintain financial and management accounting information; and provide high quality support service to Country Manager and group functions.
Key accounting responsibilities include:
- Creation and maintenance of the AgDevCo Tanzania books of account and preparation of monthly management and annual statutory accounts
- Designing and maintaining a robust system of internal financial controls based on the Group model.
- Initially performing bookkeeping, payroll, VAT filing and compliance, and timesheet systems
- Oversight of all statutory filings (WHT, PAYE, etc).
- Responsible for the production of the Tanzanian management accounts
- Analysing business unit results and variances and providing feedback to management
- Maintaining and enhancing the integrity and efficiency of the accounting systems and ensuring sound internal controls.
- Assist in collation of financial information for donor reports in conjunction with project staff
- Ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet via regular analysis and reconciliation
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget and management of the budgeting process
- Preparation of audit and annual accounts.
- Ensuring compliance with all local statutory filing requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
- A recognised professional accounting qualification with some post qualification experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience and understanding of both private corporate and not-for-profit accounting
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective working with other finance professionals and operational staff
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Working knowledge IFRS and local payroll and tax legislation
- Excellent Excel and Word skills
- Experience with working in an international organisation
- Understanding of the needs of an organisation investing in private sector companies along with international development goals
- Familiarity with Aqilla accounting software and Salesforce CRM
How to apply
Should you wish to apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not call as we will only accept email applications. If you don’t hear from us within 15 working days, it means your application has been unsuccessful.