WOPATA in Collaboration with CRS to implemented Soya ni Pesa project in Kilosa and Mvomero District for a period of four years 2013-2017. Main intervention involves mobilization of farmers to grow soybean, Saving Internal Landing Community (SILC) facilitate capacity development training and support to project staff and community volunteers to effectively mobilize and deliver organizational and business development services to farmers’ organizations.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Development Officer to manage our growing marketing needs at our Soya ni Pesa projects in Morogoro. To learn more about us, please visit www.wopata.org.
- A degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years work experience in community mobilization, organizing and training farmers in agribusiness development and marketing .
- Knowledge and experience in participatory training methodologies .
- Networking experience with private sector and other stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Swahili .
- Proficiency in computer use – Microsoft Word and Excel
- Develop capacity of farmers organizations to have up to date information about market for soybean and access to markets .
- Provide mentorship to project staffs and volunteers in supporting farmers groups and individuals in developing and implementing business plans.
- Establish mechanism of farmer’s organization to coordinate linkage to service providers .
- With support has to develop a sustainable marketing structure to enhance market access.
- In collaboration with CRS Marketing and Financing Manager and partner Project Coordinator, develop linkages with other actors in the value chain and create partnerships to benefit farmers’ business enterprises Requirements:
If you’re eligible to this post please submit your CV, copy of Certificates and cover letter to Executive Secretary and send to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st December 2015.