TCRA SAVINGS AND CREDIT CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY LIMITED
TCRA SACOS LTD hereby invites applications from suitably whose main objective is to mobilize savings savings from members and in return provide credit facilities. TCRA SACCOS LTD is an employee-based society which was established under the current governing co-operative societies Act No.6 of 2013.
The TCRA SACCOS LTD hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the vacant position of Credit Officer in its establishment.
Job Title: Credit Officer
To provide effective management of loans in the society in accordance with society`s loan policy.
The incumbent will be required to report to Manager TCRA SACCOS.
Holder of a diploma or Advanced diploma in accounting, finance, cooperative management or equivalent or equivalent certificates from recognized institutions. Registered as professional in a recognized institution will be added advantage.
A minimum of three years post qualification experience in working with SACCOS/ Micro-finance similar field.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, attention to detail with focus on quality and integrity.
- Strong oral and written communication with effective interpersonal and relation management skills to engage individuals at all levels in the society.
- High level of integrity and business acumen, including the responsibility to maintain confidentiality of customer information.
- Flexible and adaptable to a dynamic environment.
- Ability to multi-task prioritizing and works under tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the application of computer packages (word, excel, etc.) and internet applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player.
- Results and performance-driven with commitment to realization of the society`s, strategic objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives records and scrutinize member`s loan applications forms for further processing.
- Ensures all loans issued are timely repaid and reports are submitted to the Credit Committee.
- Submits applications to loan committee for verifications and approval.
- Evaluates financial condition and transaction structure, including loan disbursement analysis, generate and interpret PERLS ratios for use in evaluation structure, including loan disbursement analysis, generate and interpret PEARLS ratios for use in evaluating society`s financial status.
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly loan disbursement reports which includes approved loans, loans pending, loans issued by gender, products, non-performing loans, loan arrears and/or delinquent loans and submit to the manager.
- Compiles periodic reports on classification of the loan portfolio at risks as detailed in the credit policy and rules and submit to the Credit Committee.
- Designs, develops and markets new financial products and services which meet members needs while reviewing the existing products for continual improvements.
- Ensures loans are issued in accordance with the cooperative Act, Society By-Laws, Society`s Regulations, Credit policy and procedures.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of loan information from payroll sheets and/or banks and monthly projected loan recovery summary and immediately report to the manager any anomaly identified during reconciliation exercise.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor from time to time.
The applicant must be of age between 35-45 years.
General Terms and Conditions of Service
- This post carries a competitive remuneration package and the successful candidate will work on two years renewqable contract.
- Other terms and conditions of service are as promulgated in Filnancial regulations of the Society.
Mode of Application
Applications including concluding copies of relevant certificates and latest CVs should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him not later than 31st December, 2015. The CV should include addresses of two referees one of them being the current or latest employer. The post applied for should be cleared marked on top of the envelope.
TCRA SACCOS is an equal opportunity employer.
TCRA savings and credit cooperative society
Mawasiliano Towers, 3rd Floor, Right Wing,
20 Sam Nujoma Road
14414 DAR ES SALAAM
Source: Daily News 7th December, 2015