THE AGA KHAN UNIVERSITY
Job Title: Assistant Librarian
The Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, not-for-profit, international University first established in 1983, with 13 teaching sites in 8 countries. It is a non-denominational institution open to all, irrespective of religion, ethnicity, gender or national origin. Since 2001, AKU has offered academic programmes in nursing, medicine and education in East Africa.
The University works closely with the Ago Khan Hospital'(AKAJ.; which is undergoing a major expansion to position it as a leading tertiary and teaching hospital. As part of the expansion, the two entities that are part of the Aga Khan Development Network invite applications for the position of Assistant
Librarian for the Post Graduate Medical Education programme to be based in Dar e,s Salaam, Tanzania.
Reporting to the Regional Librarian - East Africa, the successful candidate will be responsible in delivering and maintaining an effective information service appropriate to the needs of all library users.
His/her specific duties will include:
- Acquiring information resources for the PGME programmes
- Supporting library users in retrieving information resources both in print and in electronic formats
- Facilitating access to healthcare databases
- Cataloguing and classifying information resources
- Delivering information literacy programmes
- Promoting and marketing library & information services
- Promoting Inter Library Cooperation
- Updating bibliographic details in the library management system
- Providing reader services
Skills Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Library & Information Science or equivalent with at least 3 years of experience
- Proficiency in ICT
- A good understanding of the work of academic health sciences libraries
- Experience of participating in a team'
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
To apply, please send your application, an updated CV end testimonials, including the names and contact details of your three professional references to;
Human Resources Office
Aga Khan University
P.O. Box 125
DAR ES SALAAM
Fax (+255) (0) 22 2150875 I Tel: +255 (0) 22 2150051
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications close: Tuesday, 22nd December, 2015
Source: Mwananchi 8th December, 2015