GOOD NEIGHBORS TANZANIA
Good Neighbors is an international, non-profit humanitarian organization that plans, implements, and raises funds for the provision of services in child education, community development, health, sanitation, and disaster relief projects. Good Neighbors International strives to improve lives, especially children lives through education, food, shelter, community development, medical care, advocacy and emergency relief since its establishment in 1991.
Good Neighbors is looking for a dynamic individual to join our highly motivated team in the following roles;
Job Title: Logistic Officer (1 post)
- Ensure all requests made by staff are fulfilled on time.
- Purchase goods and services up to the limits laid out in the GNTZ Accounts Manual.
- Identify and select the most appropriate suppliers to fulfill purchase requests to increase efficiency and achieve greater cost-effectiveness.
- Oversee the procurement and store management functions such as access, stock control systems and paperwork, ensuring that stock is available for rapid fulfillment of purchase requests, and emergency response and needs assessment kit items.
- Oversee the GNTZ Asset Register, ensuring that all information (i.e. quantity, tracking numbers) is up-to-date and coherent with logistics asset lists.
- Ensure asset management and disposal procedures are followed in accordance with GNTZ requirements.
- Monitor, advise, promote, and train staff in supply chain management, including development of improved logistics systems and systems compliance.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports to submit to the Administration Manager, Managing Director and Country Director.
- Perform any other related activity as assigned by the Administration Manager, Managing Director and Country Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Equivalent
- Experience in field-based logistics role, particularly in procurement and bidding, store management and asset management.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English (written and verbal).
- Advanced skills in using MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Internet and E-mail.
- Ability to deliver assigned duties on time and with accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a professional team.
- Hard-working and demonstrated ability to learn.
- Show excellent level of competence and integrity in work.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit application letter and CVs with three referees names and contacts to: email@example.com.
Closing date is 03/01/2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, visit our website: www.goodneighbors.org