Job Title/ Position:Warehouse Officer
Reports To:Depot Coordinator
- Provide support for the effective management of cement stock at the depot to ensure alignment of inventory levels s with appropriate depot guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations and activities of the depot under the supervision of the Depot Supervisor.
- Conduct physical counts to verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing products at the depot.
- Ensure incoming products are received and stored according to DIL’s policies & procedures.
- Coordinate all off-loading/ stacking activities by the casual workers and keep track of work hours to ensure accurate information is provided to relevant officer for payment of wages.
- Maintain online inventory management software and ensure timely identification of triggers (or manually identify when minimum threshold levels have been reached) to initiate actions for stock replenishment.
- Post details of receipt and dispatch transactions and ensure integrity of the inventory management system.
- Maintain up-to-date records of cement inventory at the depot (existing stock, pending orders, etc.)
- Provide information on current stock and orders to provide justification for re-ordering.
- Conduct periodic inventory stock counting/ inventory accuracy checks
- Perform end-of-day inventory reconciliation to ensure discrepancies are identified and resolved in time.
- Notify Depot Coordinator of irregularities in inventory records and support in reconciling/ resolving.
- Maintain approved HSE best practices in the depot.
- Develop periodic reports of depot operations and performance as required.
- Maintain electronic inventory management database.
- Provide support to the Logistics Officer when required.
- Supervise the activities of casual staff.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Depot Coordinator.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree In Procurement and Supply Management, CPSP
- Minimum of three (3) year relevant work experience
Skills and Behaviours
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach.
- Basic knowledge of system based inventory management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements.
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
Send Cv& Academic Certificates only in PDF or MS Word Format
Location: for Hand Deliveries
Next/Near Stanbic Bank Headquaters Entrance/Gate
Leave Cv& Certificates at the Gate.
The Gate Man shall Collect the Cv
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.