MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT FOR HEALTH (MDH)
Application Deadline: 29 Jan 2016
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is seeking suitable Tanzanian candidates to fill the vacant post of Chief Executive Officer to lead the organization in advancing its mission and vision.
MDH is an independent local non-governmental organization focusing: primarily on public health service and research, in the United Republic of Tanzania, lMOH, seeks to promote collaboration among government and academic institutions, as well as the private and non-profit sectors to- advance the - public health and health care interests of the people 'of Tanzania MDH works together with its partners to address the problems of tuberculosis,' malaria, HIV/AIDS, and other infectious diseases and chronic non-communicable diseases within the country. -The organization .also seeks to improve nutrition and maternal, neonatal and child health in Tanzania, 'while undertaklnq initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services to improve the lives of Tanzanian people.
The CEO is primarily responsible for the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives of MDH as established and approved by the Board of Directors. The CEO will provide direction and leadership toward the achievement of MDH's mission, vision, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives. The
Chief Executive Officer reports to the Board of Directors ("Board'')
Role & Responsibilities
- The CEO will support the operations and administration of the Board by advising and informing Board members in order to support and enable the Board to conduct its overall governance role, interfacing between the Board and the staff of MDH; assisting in the, selection and evaluation of board members and supporting the Board during orientation and self-evaluation
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategic' plan to advance the mission and objectives of MDH and to promote growth as an organization. Heports progress on the overall strategic plan and specific strategic initiatives to the Board
- Oversee the operations of MDH to ensure the effectiveness of operations, proficiency otstaft, quality and timeliness of financial, administrative., and clinical services; and the proper management of resources ,'"
- Work collaboratively with senior staff to develop i~dividual goals arid objectives and align those goals with the strategic goals of MDH.
- Evaluate the performance of tv1DH senior staff for compliance with established policies and procedures, achievement of annual goals and objectives and overall contribution in support of the vision and mission of MDH.
- Approve MDH operational procedures, policies and standards and ensure sound management practices to support programmatic, budgetary and regulatory compliance
- Approve the annual program work plans and budgets
- Oversee the design, marketing, promotion, evaluation, delivery and quality of MDH programs and services
- Assure MDH and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to the community, governmentlMOH, local partners, ,donors and other relevant stakeholders. Serve as the interface between MDH and the community and donors.
- Oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders; responsible for identifying appropriate funding opportunities and submission of proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation
- Do any other job related activity as requested by the Board.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Arts or Science and a Masters or other post graduate degree preferred, in health care industry a plus. Medical or public health degree desirable.
- Must have ten years or more of experience in a leadership role, working with outside institutions, including NGOs, other not-for-profits and government organizations; and experience working in Africa or other international settings
- Candidate should have strong professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to motivate teams andslmultaneously manage several projects
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Knowledge of public relations principles and practices, and of communication and public relation techniques
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to identify and secure funding sources
- Demonstrable evidence of understanding government systems;
- Excellent management and personnel skills to enable the motivation, encouragement and participation of the Organization's operational departments and local partners;
Interested candidates for this position should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three strong work related referees.
Application letters should be submitted not later than Friday 29th January 2016, 13:30 hours EAT, to the Human Resource Manager through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Source: The Guardian 16th December, 2015