PACT BUILDING LOCAL PROMISE
Job Title: Institutional Capacity Development Specialist (Based in Dar)
Reports to: Structural Interventions Advisor
Serve as active member of the program team for the implementation of Sauti-TZ. Under the guidance and supervision of structural interventions advisor, the institutional capacity development specialist ensures design, implementation and development of capacity development activities, with key results contributing to the overall successful achievement and sustainability of the Sauti-Tz program in Tanzania.
The Institutional Capacity Development Specialist has the following Specific Duties and Responsibilities.
- Supports Structural Interventions Advisor to provide operational and administrative support to social and Economic Empowerment officer at regional level and promotes an organizational culture where pact`s values are practiced.
- Supports social and economic empowerment officers and JHPIEGO program staff in providing capacity development Plan to JHPIEGO partners.
- Provides oversight and management to all capacity development activity within the zone.
- Initiate strategic engagement discussions and contribute to the understanding of the approach to capacity development for pact.
- Provide authoritative policy advice and technical guidance on Sauti-Tz implementation and delivery.
- Advise the structural interventions advisor on the direction, strategies and technical issues concerning capacity development and institutional strengthening of Pact.
- Represents pact in public events and meetings.
- Performs other work related tasks as needed.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
Master`s Degree in Sociology, Public Health, or Economic Development or equivalent experience over 6 year`s relevant experience.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor`s degree in sociology, public health, or Economic Development or equivalent experience.
- At least 8 years relevant experience and 4 years of project management experience in East Africa.
- Experience in working with international funded projects.
- Experience in supporting local organizations.
- Experience in capacity development and organizational development.
- Fluency in English and Intermediate Kiswahili.
- Willingness to move to the field if necessary, previous regional experience and familiarity preferred.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position and curriculum vitae detailing your experience with three referees to humanresourcesTZ@pactworld.org
Closing date for applications: 11th December, 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Source: The Guardian 7th December, 2015