Job Title: Community Mobilizer
PCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing disease, improving community health, and promoting sustainable development worldwide. With support from United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PCIa Tanzania is implementing Food for Education (FFE) programming to improve the literacy and nutrition of primary and pre-primary children in Bunda, Butiama and Musoma Rural Districts.
PCI is now announcing a position of Community Mobilizer based in Bunda District at Ward Level
The Community Mobilizer will mobilize community participation and contributions to the project, provide technical support and ensure the quality implementation of Education activities in project schools primarily within their cluster responsibility, and will provide support when necessary to other PCI program activities at the ward, school and village levels both within their cluster of responsibility and as needed in other clusters
To create awareness among participating schools and communities through participatory and community-centered approaches in order to establish supportive environment for program interventions implementation. To support implementation of program activities at the school level; data collection using Mobenzi checklists and monitoring and feedback using school log books; facilitate collective problem solving; promote quality assurance; strengthen linkages and information exchange between program staff, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Community Entry, Sensitization, Mobilization
- Secure buy-in and support of key leaders in project targeted communities including ward and village government, traditional leaders, and School Committee members through culturally appropriate and effective sensitization of the project objectives and activities especially through Journey of Life (JOL) methodology.
- Stimulate involvement of parents, teachers, School Committees, community leaders, extension workers and local government authorities through contributions of time, materials, participation, and other support to the project.
- Provide information, progress updates, address challenges, clear misconceptions and capacity building among key actors at school and community level.
- Represent PCI in strategic forums at village and ward levels (especially quarterly ward-level meetings), documenting and sharing notes and recommendations with the Education Coordinator, Program Officer, M&E Officer and other Coordinators.
Implementation of Project Activities
- Facilitate implementation of education-sector related project activities to achieve project objectives in accordance with approved work plans and agreed upon modalities with the Education Coordinator.
- Support capacity building for teachers, parents, and village leaders to effectively implement education project activities, in consultation with Education Coordinator and other respective PCI Program staff.
- Actively promote community members to take a more active leadership role in project activities (with emphasis to those related to education sector), while PCI steps back into more of a facilitation and support role to enhance ownership and sustainability.
- Support the logistics related to education trainings and distribution of education materials and supplies procured by the project for target schools.
- Link the program with stakeholders at ward and village level, and at minimum, on a quarterly basis: plan, coordinate and share program updates with the Ward Education Coordinators, and village officers to ensure a high level of coordination, transparency, and sustainable support.
Technical Support & Quality Assurance
- With support from the Education Coordinator, facilitate Education trainings at the cluster, school and community levels (including communication, venue and logistics for teachers and school administrators related trainings).
- Provide support and monitoring visits to each school within the cluster at least once per month to check-in on ongoing education related activities.
- Support schools in establishing, strengthening and monitoring library management systems and stimulate readership promotion activities in collaboration with CBP Coordinator and/or CBP Officer.
- Communicate and address challenges and concerns from the schools in coordination with ward and village officials, and PCI Program staff.
- Record observations, comments and recommendations in the school-level log book during each support visit (at least monthly).
- If required, support Education Sector implementation planning, or translation of training or technical information materials
Data Collection & Reporting
- Complete relevant education sector-related checklists on Mobenzi on a timely basis.
- Complete weekly 5.15 reports on workflowy, and a monthly report covering all key activities for the previous month by the 5th of the next month.
- Collect and write success stories from respective intervention area (at least one per quarter, but preferably once per month) in consultation with the Education and CBP Coordinators, Program Officer, M&E Officer and other relevant Coordinators.
- Conduct education annual parents’ forums at community level for sharing experiences with key stakeholders and disseminating findings, lessons and best practices in consultation with the Education Coordinator and other relevant PCI Program staff.
- Support the M&E department in the collection of other project-related data at the schools within the cluster of responsibility, and other program areas as needed.
Support of other sectors
- As needed, and in coordination with the Education Coordinator, support other sectors or activities within the cluster of responsibility.
- Facilitate logistics to support monitoring and evaluation activities in the area including site visits.
- Participate in the education or other program situation analysis, baseline survey, midterm review, final evaluation and any other studies conducted within the project.
- Support key two-way communication with relevant ward, village and school-level officials and PCI on all program-related information.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a University Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences, Education, Agriculture, Economics, or other relevant field, or at least 4 years of relevant community based experience and Computer literacy
- At least 2 years of community-based experience
- Willingness to work and live at ward level with monthly visits to district capital.
- High level of familiarity with the respective districts and wards preferred
- Experience /Ability and official license to ride a motorcycle is required
How to Apply
Please visit our website at www.pciglobal.org and click on the “Careers” link under the About Us tab. This will take you to PCI`s Career Portal. Click on the employment opportunities tab and then click on Search Current Openings to find and apply for this open position with PCI Tanzania.
Deadline: a first review of candidates will happen after Thursday 24, December, 2015
PCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only successful candidate will be contacted.
Source: Daily News 14th December, 2015