HUDUMA ZA KUJITOLEA ZA WAMAREKANI
Peace Corps/ Tanzania, a leading international community-based development agency, offers an attractive mid-level professional opportunity with a competitive salary and an exciting international work environment. Peace Corps Volunteers work throughout Tanzania in the areas of community health, sustainable agriculture and secondary education. Volunteers focus on developing in the communities where they live and work so that the people in those communities can improve their lives.
About the IT Specialist Assistant position: the successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Director of management and operations, with work coordinated by the IT specialist to provide general maintenance of the office IT Equipment, technical support to staff and volunteers when needed, administer IT systems, maintaining IT mandated configurarions, ensuring that all IT systems adhere to peace corps policy and other duties as assigned by the IT specialist. Additionally she/he will provide back up in the absence of the ITS. Due to the myriad of duties required, the IT Specialist Assistant position requires a high degree of prioritization, organization and attention to detail.
- Formal or informal IT training to peace corps Tanzania staff on proper computer usage and MS Office.
- First-tier computer and network support for an overseas office.
- Installs hardware and software. Re-images and reassigns computer equipment as required.
- Responsible for troubleshooting server problems and minimizing downtime for the users.
- Assist with maintaining standard back-up system for mission-critical data.
- Frequently reassesses the IT configurations and settings on staff and volunteer workstations to ensure that they meet ITS standards.
- Perform update and maintenance on peace corps Tanzania website.
- Create, develop and manage content for post web presence.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software systems.
- University Degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field.
- At least two years in a similar role supporting users.
- At least two years of experience in supporting/troubleshooting windows computer systems within an office.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Extensive knowledge Microsoft Excel, word, and Access, Window 7 & 8, SQL, CSS scripting, content management software, Drupal Vr 7.
- Experience with MS SharePoint A plus.
- Ability to pass US Embassy background security check
Applications must be received no later than December 21, 2015 please email a cover letter, CV, Personal address and contact information and the names and contacts of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “ITS Assistant Application” in the subject line. If necessary applications can be posted to the attention of: Administrative Officer, ITS Assistant Application, U.S. peace Corps Tanzania, and P.O.BOX 9123, DAR ES SALAAM. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for skills testing and interviews. If you need the full job description please request one from email@example.com.
Source: The Guardian 4th December, 2015