TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY
REGIONAL MANAGER`S OFFICE-TANROADS ARUSHA
The regional Managers Office TANROADS-Arusha, on behalf of the chief Executive, TANROADS, intends to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts on specific duty short-term contract within the region.
Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerable lengths of time away from their permanent stations, if situations warrant.
Position Title: Weighbridge Shift in Charges (3 posts) TNRODS Scale 5.1
Educational/Professional Qualifications and other attributes
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in any profession from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/colleges.
- Age Limit: 35 years to 40 years.
- Computer literate (at least Advanced Certificate in computer applications).
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English
- Must have post-qualification experience of at least three (3) years.
- Self motivation, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
Will generally be responsible for undertaking activities as described in the Roads traffic (Max Weight of Vehicles)
Regulation, 2001 as it may be amended from time to time.
Specific activities shall include.
- Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of weighbridge scale devices.
- Overall supervision of shift activities.
- Weigh motor vehicles of gross vehicle weight (GWN) on all public roads.
- Imposing physical dimension of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporters in case of non compliance with vehicle dimension limits.
- For trucks carrying abnormal load with special permit, the weighbridge operator shall ascertain compliance to the permit. Any discrepancy should be reported to the weighbridge in – charge for appropriate action.
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed.l
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity.
- Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Regional Manager,
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager.
Mode of Application
All Interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to the under-mentioned address not later than 24th December, 2015 with their complete CVs copies of all certificate; birth certificate; names of three referees one of whom a former employer; applicants contact telephone number and contacted and overqualified applicants may not be considered.
Applicants, who have worked with public institutions particularly with Governement and TANROADS but have unsatisfactory previous records indicating performance and disciplinary shortfalls, shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Deadline: 24th December, 2015 at 16:30 Hrs
NB: All applicants should have passes in Kiswahili, English and Mathematics on their National Form IV Secondary Education Certificates.
This is to insist that:
- All applicants with over qualifications are not encouraged to apply.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Application letters should be posted to the following address, hand delivery is acceptable:
Regional Manager, TANROADS
Tel: +255 27 254 7178
Fax: +255 27 254 8146
Source: Habarileo 9th December, 2015