TOURISM CONFEDERATION OF TANZANIA
Job Title: Technical Officer-Tourism Sector Council
The Tourism Confederation of Tanzania (TCT) is looking to hire Technical Officer who will work to support the establishment of a Tourism Coordinating/Collaboration Platform in Tanzania, thus contributing to increased economic growth. The Technical Officer will cultivate ongoing and effective partnership[s and networking relationships with TCT industry stakeholders, employers, T VET institutions, relevant Ministry officials, and other related agencies.
Applicants Must Have
- A post-secondary degree in the field of education, business, tourism, or equivalent (Master Degree Preferred).
- An understanding of the Tourism sector in Tanzania.
- An understanding of the role, organization, and responsibilities of Sector Councils.
- An understanding of the role of industry in demand-driven, competency-based curriculum development.
- Successful experience working with national and regional employers and partners in the area of tourism.
- An understanding of the tourism business, education and training issues, and challenges within Tanzania and regionally.
- Demonstrated experience in research and report preparation.
- Strong organizational and interperson skills in English and Kiswahili (e.g, to deliver presentations to partners and clients on projects and products).
- Demonstrated abilities using the Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and communication technologies, net meeting, Skype, etc.
The TCT/ISTEP Technical Officer will be based in the TCT office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The TCT/ISTESP Technical Officer will report to the Executive Secretary of TCT. Some travel within Tanzania is required. A competitive compensation package is offered. This is a one year full-time position with the possibility of an extension for an additional 12 months subject to need.
How to Apply
If you have questions or would like further information, please contact Mr. Richard Rugimbana, Executive Secretary, TCT (phone +255 754 488 642, email: email@example.com.
Applications should be submitted by email to Mr. Richard Rugtimbana, Executive Secretary, TCT (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00 pm, Friday, December 18, 2015, indicating the name of the advertised position (TCT/ISTEP Technical Officer) in the subject line.
Source: Daily News 7th December, 2015