KCB is renowned for its diversity and growth in the Region is currently strengthening its support for group operations and business with the aim of maintaining Best Practice whilst also responding to the growing Business needs to support internal and external Customer Service delivery objectives and increase shareholder value. To this end the following challenging positions have arisen and candidates with the requisite competencies and qualifications described below are hereby encouraged to apply.
HEAD COACH, KCB FOOTBALL CLUB
KCB Football Club is looking for a well-organized, result-oriented and highly motivated individual to fill the vacant position of Head coach.
The ideal candidate should have the following:-
- Develop & implement a strategic plan that will ensure consistent top performance from the KCB FC team in the KPL.
- Assemble and retain a winning team of players & technical bench.
- Negotiate and close player contracts to deliver a high performing team.
- Evaluate, report performance and give recommendations to KCB management team.
- Applicants holding CAF/UEFA A license or its equivalent.
- Overall coaching experience of at least 7 years’ and must have coached a Premier League Team/Nationwide Team (or its equivalent) for not less than 4 years will be given preference.
- Proven track record in terms of achievements as a head coach
- Preference will be giving to individuals who hold football coaching & management certificates from recognized institutions/bodies.
- Must have good management and good coaching.
- Strong skills in monitoring, analyzing and interpreting performance of the team and making recommendations to management.
The above position is demanding for which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate. If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a Certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6months old.
To be considered your application must be received by Dec. 10, 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: KCBFC 01/2015
SPORTS TEAM MANAGER, MARKETING & COMMUNICATION DIVISION
Reporting to Head, Marketing Services the job holder will be responsible for the management of KCB Sport Teams ensuring they are the best performing and most visible teams in the respective leagues.
- Develop and implement a winning sports team strategy (interwoven in the overall bank’s strategy) for all KCB teams.
- Manage teams and players by executing team performance contracts, negotiating terms and ensuring excellence in team performance
- Handle media relations and PR opportunities that will deliver on PRV and MPI targets
- Drive consumer participation and public engagement to grow a strong fan base for the teams
- Maintain positive engagement while acting as link between the teams and the bank by ensuring monthly reporting to Exco, proactively addressing team issues, providing solutions and planning of the annual sponsorship packages.
- Work with coaches to develop relevant training programs to ensure teams are in top form
- Develop and manage revenue generating activities for all teams to deliver ROI from the sponsorships e.g. collection of gate fees, opportunity to generate revenue from royalties, on ground activations in conjunction with Brand Managers.
- Recommend a turnaround strategy for the KCB Sports Club to make it a successful sports club with a clear revenue collection plan.
- Develop and run the teams CSR programs including the U10s and U17s programs that are in place
- Manage the annual teams budget and day to day logistics for the teams
Position Qualifications & Experience
For the above position, the successful applicant should have:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in B.Com or B.A or related degrees from an institution recognized by Commission for University Education
- Possession of a postgraduate degree or professional qualification in sports management, sports marketing or marketing, communications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sports management, sports marketing or similar role.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Marketing, Communications, PR.
- Experience in Sport Journalism is an added advantage.
- Demonstrate excellent Planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Project Management Skills.
- Proven track record in delivering results.
The above position is demanding for which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com
To be considered your application must be received by Dec. 25, 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: MKT 04/2015