MUHIMBILI ORTHOPAEDIC INSTITUTE (MOI)
Job Title: Director of Human Resources Development & Administration
Reports to: Executive Director (MOI)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Human Resources
Developments Administration is responsible for:-
- Formulating and implementing effective recruitment, selection, compensation and benefit administration. Strategies that ensure Mol recruits and retains a qualified and well - motivated workforce.
- Ensuring successful implementation of human resources development strategies, succession planning, and career development for both professional and non-professional cadres.
- Undertaking human resources planning based on MOl's current and future human resources requirements.
- Formulating and implementing approved staff training programmes in line with the capabilities required to achieve MOl's objectives.
- Managing MOl's employee relations including developing effective communication channels, handling employee's grievances and Institute sustainable grievance resolution procedure
- Ensuring the disciplinary policy and procedure is followed and that outcomes of alleged staff are appropriate.
- Providing safety measures and equipment to monitor and ensure safety awareness across MOI
- Supervising and maintaining efficient office support function including registry, secretarial, mail, transport, travel arrangements and security services.
- Comply with government and local legal requirements by learning about existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements and ! advising MOl management on needed actions'
- Performing other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Holder of a Bachelor'sbeqree in +luman Resources Management, Business Adtninistration, Public Administration or related fields from a recognized university.
- A Masters Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Health Administration and Public Administration.
- Training in Industrial Relations, Strategic Planning or Project Management shall be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 10years of relevant high level work experience in human resources management and administration, 5 of which must be at a senior management position in a reputable organization. Experience in public service will be an added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of computer applications is mandatory.
- Strong analytical, communication, strategic planning and interpersonal skills with demonstrated record of achievement, initiative and highest ethical standards.
- Develop strong credibility and internal relationships at all levels and influence key decision makers. Work with ,al~ professionals at different Ievels coupled with mediation, negotiation and consultation strengths.
- Maintain a high level of personal confidentiality, integrity, and, strategic orientation. Promote and foster a diverse and inclusive work environment
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibility of the post will be offered to the right candidate.
Applications accompanied with a detailed CV and Copies of certificates, testimonials and names of three referees should be addressed to the Executive Director and submitted within 21 days from the date of this advertisement. .
Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute
P.O. Box 65474
DAR ES SALAAM - TANZANIA