THE AGA KHAN HEALTH SERVICE
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi in conjunction with the Aga Khan Health Service in Tanzania invites applications for the following positions to be based in Arusha, Tanzania.
Job Title: Senior House Officers (Doctor)
The doctors will review patients and monitor patients' progress on a regular basis. They will be expected to work with a team of staff to ensure optimal delivery of quality patient care.
• Review and examine patients consistently by performing such duties as taking case histories, conducting physical examinations, and ordering diagnostic laboratory and radiology studies.
• Monitor patients' progress on a regular basis.
• Participate in clinics on a regular basis.
• Initiate discussions with patient and care givers to enable better diagnostic and therapeutic medical care and services.
• Assist in the examination and observation of emergency cases by performing such duties as taking case histories, conducting physical examinations, and ordering diagnostic laboratory and radiology studies.
• Attend to critical patients in a timely manner.
• When necessary, carry out privileged and potentially life-saving emergency surgical and medical procedures
• Educate patients on wellness, prevention and early detection.
• Inform patients, family members/care givers on where to find materials and resources to use/reference in aid of recovery.
• Educate patients on informed consent, choice of attending physician and right to seek second opinion.
• Initiate timely discussions with relevant consultants/departments to arrive at the best treatment plan for specialized cases.
• Participate in establishing various planning parameters for addressing referral cases received at AKUH.
• Engage nurses/ward staff in ensuring that all equipment is functional and available for patient care/treatment
• Participate in discussions with relevant members of the clinical care team to enable better integration of patient care activities.
• Work closely with members of the clinical care team to reduce errors and waste, improve skillfulness and resource utilization.
• Initiate discussions with consultants and colleagues to enable integration of clinical research activities, shared knowledge, institutional quality improvement and patient wellness activities.
• Participate in all team efforts as departmental needs arise.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB.Ch.B)
• Registered by the Tanzania Medical Practitioners Board/ MCT
• Certificate in Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
• 1 - 2 years post internship and working experience
How to Apply
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be send to, the Manager, Human Resources, Arusha Clinic, P.O.Box 125 Dar es Salaam. or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach not later than 6th February 2016.
Applications by email are preferred.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Source: The Guardian 26th January, 2016