KILOMBELO VALLEY TEAK CO.LTD
KVTC Currently has three (3) vacancies for Foresters of different levels and skills:
1. Silviculture Manager
KVTC`s estates are divided into 5 working units and each working unit has a plantation manager assigned to manage the day to day operations in the unit. The Silviculture Manager supervises the plantation managers and his/her responsibilities include
• Nursery production of stumps and cuttings.
• Land preparation as well as planting operations.
• Silviculture operations (weeding and pruning)
• Manage road drainage systems and culvert clearing
• Fire management
• Ensure compliance with FSC and other Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
The Silviculture Manager will have a minimum of a BSc in Forestry and no less than 5 years working experience. In addition computer skills, driving license as well as driving experience and good command of English language are a must.
The Silviculture manager is required to work independently and the vast majority of his/her time is spent in the plantations. Note that this is not a desk or office function.
2. Assistant Research and Planning Manager
The Assistant Research and Planning Manager has following responsibilities:
• Assist the Research and planning manager in his daily duties.
• Supervise the mark for Thinning and Enumeration Teams.
• Measurement and record keeping for trial plots
• Management of the trial register
• Capturing data in Micro forest Plantation software
The Asst.RPM will have a minimum of a BSc in Forestry with preferably some woek experience in the field of commercial forestry. In addition computer skills, (motorcycle) driving license as well as driving experience and good command of English language are must.
Although this position will require time to be spent in the office there is the expectation that the Asst.RPM will spent at least 50% or more of his time out in the plantations to supervise his/her teams and to ensure trials are maintained.
3. OSP MF Manager
KVTC has an active Outgrower Program that is rapidly increasing in size as well as age soon commercial volumes will be derived from outgrowers and management of the plantation database for outgrower plots has become a full time job. The OSP MF Manager has following responsibilities.
• Checking and recording of outgrower invoices.
• Record keeping of OSP operations and reporting on progress vs APO
• Capturing of activities in Microforest Plantation softwere
Although this position will require time to be spent in the Office there is the expectation that Asst RPM will spent at least 50% or more of his time at the OSP plots to ensure that data reaching him corresponds with actual situation in the field.
• Experience working in and with rural communities will be an advantage
• Experience working with teak will be an advantage
• Experience with forest certification systems such as FSC
• The applicant must have a passion for forestry and the environment.
This position entails extensive field work in remote areas with abundant wildlife. Only applicants willing to work under the demanding conditions normal to this type of environment should apply.
If you meet the requirements of the position above, please submit your application letter, CV and couples of references and certificates to:
The General Manager
Kilombero Valley Teak Company
DAR ES SALAAM
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews
Deadline for submission is 15th of February, 2016
Source: Daily News 27th January, 2016