VACANCY: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
POSITION: Community Development officer
PROJECT: various project involving Maasai pastoralist communities in Arusha and ManyaraRegion
DUTY STATION: Arusha city, Longido District, Monduli District, Arusha District (Arusha
Region); Simanjiro District (Manyara Region)
DEPARTMENT: Projects Department
SUPERVISOR (Responsible of Management & Planning): Project Manager and Assistant PM
LIAISON TO/IN COLLABORATION WITH: Administration and Logistic Departments
WORKING HOURS PER WEEK: 45
WORKING HOURS PER DAY: from Monday to Friday. Saturday only if requested by Supervisor
DURATION: ONE YEAR RENEWABLE
STARTING DATE: February 2015
General duties: she/he will support the Project Manager, the Project Management Assistant and
all the project staff in the planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and supervision of
Key responsibilities: as Oikos East Africa Community Development Officer you will carry out
the following duties:
- To work in team with the project staff, partners and associate to reach the project objectives;
- To support the Project Managers, Assistant project manager and all project staff in the planning and implementation of project activities;
- To implement activities according to the project logical framework and timetable, under thesupervision of Project Manager and Assistant PM.
- To coordinate closely and report regularly to the Project Managers on activities carried out and to fill regularly the Field Activity Reports in the standard format with needed annexes as: meeting/training participants lists, data sheets, letters, explanatory technical notes;
- To carry out surveys and monitoring activities with the projects team, participate to internal project activity reviews, report to the project managers;
- To mobilize the beneficiaries, to facilitate project meetings, trainings and workshops in cooperation with Assistant PM and other project consultant.
- To keep local authorities informed at District and Ward levels – under the supervision of the senior CDO, project manager and assistant PM - on the status of project implementation;
- To be responsible for the proper and correct management of Oikos EA facilities and materials assigned.
- Passionate about gender issues and women empowerment;
- Willing to base him/herself in remote areas with basic services;
- Familiarity and proven experience with the Maasai culture/women empowerment/ rural community development;
- Work experience in rangelands, pastoralist tribes and livestock;
- Familiarity with community assessment methodology;
- Familiarity with the structure of local institutions and proven ability to network and set up partnerships;
- Familiarity with the concept of indicator and monitoring;
- Familiarity with the concept of sustainable economies/green economies;
- Able to report in English;
- Basic monitoring tools knowledge (attendance sheets, entry and exit tests).
Minimum requirements expected (general skills):
- Bachelor degree in community development/sustainable development studies
- At least 2 year working experience
- The candidate should be fluent in Kiswahili, English and Maasai language
- Good knowledge of computer and software (word, excel, power point and similar)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: FEBRUARY 3rd, 2016
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send their CV and a letter of motivation, both
written in English, and the details of 3 people for professional references to
email@example.com, indicating Vacancy Notice COM.DEV/TZ/2016 in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.