Job Vacancy : Project Administrator
Location : Dar Es Salaam
Position Type : Full Time
Organization Type : NGO
Application Deadline: 15 Feb 2016
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Tracking Code 7118
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
MalariaCare, a five-year partnership led by PATH and funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) under the US President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), aims to scale up high-quality diagnosis and case management services for malaria and other febrile illnesses. MalariaCare is a partnership between PATH, Medical Care Development International (MCDI), Population Services International, and Save the Children (SC US). The partnership works in PMI focus and other countries in Africa and the Mekong Region to reduce the burden of serious febrile illnesses and promote healthy communities and families.
We seek to recruit a Project Administrator to provide administrative and financial oversight and support to the MalariaCare partnership in Tanzania, a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded program available to support case management support to the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) focus and other countries. MalariaCare aims to achieve universal diagnosis and appropriate case management for malaria by strengthening the capacity of malaria-affected countries at all levels of the health system to provide high-quality diagnostic and treatment services for malaria and other febrile illnesses. The Project Administrator reports directly to the Tanzania Project Director and collaborates closely with PATH Tanzania’s Country Program Administrator as well as the MalariaCare Finance and Operations Team Lead in Washington, DC. This is a full-time position to be based in Dar es Salaam.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the finance and administrative functions of MalariaCare Tanzania, including but not limited to financial management and accounting/bookkeeping; procurement; (sub) contract and grants management; IT; human resources; and consultancies.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to partner organizations to ensure consistent, effective, and efficient compliance with project financial requirements.
- Develop and monitor budgets and keep project management updated about spending against the project budget.
- Oversee the building and maintenance of administrative capacity of the project.
- May supervise professional and support staff for finance and administration.
- Conduct pre-qualification reviews and selection of potential sub-contractors/grantees and vendors to ensure value for money and compliance with donor requirements.
- May assist in ensuring monthly approval of payroll; monitor funds balances, and conduct; bank account reconciliations.
- Oversee internal PATH project financial reporting function.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable USAID rules and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel, and financial software.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Basic knowledge of HR and IT systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in English.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, MBA preferred, minimum of five years in a senior administrative and financial management position in an international organization, including supervision of finance and administration teams, experience in developing, monitoring and reporting on complex budgets
You must currently have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Dar es Salaam, , Tanzania Company Location Tanzania, Dar es Salaam Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Online Application, Click HERE to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter online to apply through our website not later than Friday, January 15, 2016. We appreciate your application but only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.