SOUTHERN AGRICULTURAL GROWTH CORRIDOR (SAGCOT)
The Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor (SAGCOT)'is an international public private partnership that aims to transform agriculture in Tanzania's Southern Corridor. Partners include local and international companies, farmers, development partners, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and the Tanzanian Government. By 2030, the partnership aims to attract USD 3.2 billion of investments, transforming 350,000 hectares of arable land into profitable production and lifting 10,000 small scale farmers into commercial farming to the Southern Corridor.
SAGCOT Centre Ltd is the administrative unit to the partnership and functions as a hub to promote investments in inclusive, sustainable commercial value chains. The SAG COT Centre is also a neutral broker and catalyst that links different agriculture stakeholders in order to create synergies and help them achieve the SAGCOT objectives.
SAGCOT Centre Ltd is currently looking for:
Full Time Position: Project Assistant
The overall purpose of this role is to support the Potato specialist who is also the Project Coordinator, in the successful implementation of the potato project in Njombe (Up-scaling Improved Seed Potato Varieties for smallholder farmers in Njombe, Tanzania). To enhance the capacity of small and medium scale farmers in Njombe to produce high quality potatoes that meet market demand and improve their entrepreneurship skills.
Successful candidates should have the following minimum qualifications;-
- A Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: Agriculture, Economics or Business management.
- Training and experience in research & marketing; Farm Profitability analysis and business development.
- Wide experience and knowledge in data collection, analysis database management.
- Experience and training on capacity building of rural communities, Farmer Producer Group formation and strengthening, and Agricultural Extension will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Maintains high ethical standards, both personally and professionally.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision in a highly dynamic environment
- A business-like attitude, result-oriented in all approaches, takes initiative
- Professional writing and oral skills in English is a requirement. Oral and written skills in Swahili are preferred
- Is Computer literate in Data analysis software, Word processing, Excel, and Power Point.
How to Apply
To view the complete Job Description of the above position please visit:
http://www.sagcot.com and click the vacancies section
Only interested and qualified candidates meeting the minimum requirement should apply:
For by submitting a CV and cover letter in soft copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or submissions in hard copy to:
The Operations Manager
SAGCOT Centre ltd
TPSF Building Mwaya road, Masaki
P.O. Box 11313
Dares Salaam - Tanzania
The submission deadline is 15th January, 2016
Candidates applying to this post are subject to recruitment procedures and background checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
Source: The Guardian 29th December, 2015