MISSION OF THE EMBASSY OF SWEDEN IN TANZANIA
The Mission of the Embassy of Sweden in Tanzania is to enhance and further develop the partnership relation between Tanzania and Sweden. The work of the mission comprises development co-operation, 'political dialogue and reporting, promotion and information, migration and consular matters administration.
Swedish development cooperation with Tanzania is carried out by the Development Cooperation Division, DCD.
The current Results Strategy guiding Swedish development cooperation with Tanzania is valid 2013-2019 and focuses on three main results areas: More jobs and developed energy and agricultural markets; . Improved education and increased entrepreneurship; and strengthened democratic accountability and transparency, and increased awareness of human rights.
Job Title: National Programme Officer: - Education & Civil Society
The main task of the Program Officer is to manage the portfolios related to civil society, including education NGOs. This entails actively working in the main processes of planning, implementing and following up of the contributions. All tasks will be undertaken in close collaboration with other staff members within primarily the Embassy Governance cluster, led by the Programme. Officer for Democratic Governance, and with the Embassy Education cluster.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Development and management of portfolios in areas related to education and democratic governance & civil society;'
• Support the Embassy in analysis, as well as reporting to Sida 'and Swedish: Ministry for Foreign Affairs, on situation' and trends related to civil society/accountability and education.
• Other related' duties as needs arise/shift, including e.g .. inputs" to' Eri1b~ssyJbCD .annual planning and reporting; communication/information related to areas of responsibility; and participating in Embassy/DCD internal work;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Master's degree in development studies, public financial management ,education or equivalent
• At least five (5) years of relevant work experience, proven experience of contribution management/project management preferably with international development cooperation, including financial follow up and risk analysis, programme accounting and financial reporting, funding flows and 'expenditure' tracing, procurement procedures, and internal and external auditing..
• Excellent knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft computer software"
• Results-focused with ability to take' initiatives, work independently, make, own judgment assessments, follow up and finalize tasks, and proven analytical capacity.
• Excellent working knowledge in Kiswahili and English, including reading and writing
• Team player with ability to cooperate and communicate with colleagues and external partners.
• Ability to represent and pursue Swedish values, policies and positions.
The job advert can also be found at www.swedenabroad.com/daressalaam
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting career rewarding opportunity, e-mail us your detailed CV and one page application letter explaining your suitability for the job (please, do not include your certificates at this stage), Write "NPO-ECS" in your e-mail subject line. The deadline is 18th January 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We regret the vacancy is not ideal for fresh graduates.
Executive Search and Selection
Prospect Africa Limited
P.O. BOX 75124
Dar es Salaam - Tanzania