MKWAWA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (MUCE)
Mkwawa University College of Education (MUCE) a Constituent College of the University of Dar es Salaam invites applications from suitable and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant posts:
Assistant Lecturers (8 Posts)
Areas of Specialization
i.Geography (specializing in Geology, Hydroloqy, Wildlife,Geomatics and Wildlife/Forestry. (1 post)
ii. Economics (specialized in Statistics) (1 post)
iii. Educational Psychology (1 post)
iv. Educational Foundations specializing in Ethics and Professionalism/Sociology of Education/
Comparative and/or International Education (2 posts)
V. Physics Methods (M. Ed. Science graduate with a background in Physics) (1 posts)
Vi. Literature Methods (M.A. Education graduate with a background in literature) (1 post)
vii. Parasitology/Entomology (1 post)
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant shall be a holder of a Master's degree with an overall GPA of not less than 4.0 and Bachelor's degree with an overall GPA of not less than 3.8 in the relevant field. .
The age of an applicant should not be above 40 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
• A successful candidate is expected to perform the following: Teaching, research, consultancy and community services in his/her respective area of specialization. .
Remuneration: puts 2/1
Job Title: Tutorial Assistants (21 Posts)
i. literature, linguistics and French (5 posts)
ii. Political Science and Public Administration (2 posts)
iii. Geography (should have background in either of the following '(Statistics, Geology, Hydrology, Geomatics and Wildlife (1 post)
iv. Electronics (Any B. Sc graduate majoring in Electronics) (1 post)
v.Computational Physics (Any B.sc. with Physics and Mathematics or Physics and Computer Science/Informatics (1 post)
vi. Parasitology (1 post) .
vii. Plant genetics and genomics (1 post)
Viii. Pure Mathematics (1 post)
ix. Applied Mathematics (1 post)
X. Inorganic Chemistry (1 post)
xi. Organic Chemistry (1 post) A Constituent College of the University of Dar es Salaam
xii. Database and Programming (1 post)
xiii. Computer networking (1 post)
Xiv. Chemistry Methods (B.Ed. Science graduate Majoring in Chemistry) (1 post)
xv. Physics Methods (B. Ed. Science graduate Majoring in Physics) (1 post)
xvi. Vertebrate anatomy and physiology (1post)
Qualifications and Experience
• The applicant shall hold a Bachelor's degree with an overall GPA of not less than 3.8 in the relevant field.
• Applicants for the post of Informatics shall have a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with high skills in programming language.
The age of an applicant should not be above 30 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
• A successful candidate is expected to perform the following: Assist in teaching, research, and offering of public 'service in his/her respective area of specialization.
Remuneration: PUTS 1/1-1/3
Note: All candidates who have pursued their studies outside the country should attach a letter from TCU certifying the credibility of certificates as well as grades translated into local equivalent.
Job Title: Principal Internal Auditor
The scope of Internal Audit encompasses the examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the College's system of internal Onfroi and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities of each business unit, deportment, instilufe and stolf of MUCE. The following are the responsibilities to be carried by the Principal internal auditor.
Qualification and Experience
• Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
• Internationally recognized professional accountancy / audit qualifications such as ACCA, CIPFA or CPA (T).
• Master degree is on added advantage.
• Minimum of 7 years relevant working experience (5 years in audit and 2 years in account and 1 .5 yeas he/she must worked/acted in senior position of audit)
• Should hove Knowledge and skills, in computer applications for auditing purposes, Leadership and management skills.
• Reviewing the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information, and the means used to collect, measure, classify, and report such information.
• Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations that could have o significant imped on operations of the College;
• Reviewing the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verifying the existence of such assets;
• Reviewing and appraising the economy and efficiency with which resources ore employed;
• Reviewing operations to a5Certain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals, and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned;
• To prepare and implement approved annual audit plans, To coordinate special audits and investigations and present audit reports to management, Audit Committee and the Board;
• To coordinate and follow up on the implementation progress statvs of recommendations of external auditors/internal auditors, and directions of the Governing Board or Audit Committee.
• Must have thorough understanding of the principles and techniques of Risk assessment and risk mitigation skills,
• Preparation for and facilitation of Audit Committee Meetings (depending on timing of the meetings);
• Facilitating External Audit of College Financial Statements and
• To undertake any other duties as assigned by the Accounting officer from time to time.
Age limit: Not more than 40 years old.
Remunerution: PGSS 13
Note: All candidates who have pursued their studies outside the country should attach a letter from TCU certifying the credibility of certificates as well as grades translated Into local equivalent.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should apply in confidence, enclosing copies of academic certificates, transcripts, two current passport size photographs and detailed CV with at least three referees. Applications should reach the undersigned within two weeks after the first date of this advertisement.
Applicants employed in the Public Service must route their application letters through their respective employers.
Deputy Principal Academic
Mkwawa University College of Education
P.O Box 2513
Source: Mwananchi 14th January, 2016