AMREF HEALTH AFRICA
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 500 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Through its laboratory, clinical outreach and training programmes, Amref Health Africa reaches an additional 30 plus countries in Africa. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and Malawi, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Water and sanitation, capacity building and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa has received funds from Amref Netherland to implement a three years project on Integrated Alternative Rite of Passage (ARP) and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Kilindi district, Tanga Region.
Amref Health Africa has the following vacancies to be filled by January 2016
Job Title: Driver
Based In Songe-Kilindi District, Tanga Region
Report To: Project Manager- Integrated Arp and Wash
- To provide transportation service to assigned programme/project/unit
- To execute required quality technical skills in driving the project Motor vehicle by supporting the project team, partners and stakeholders during the project implementation activities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving assigned vehicle while ferrying staff or assets on official work.
- Maintaining cleanness of assigned vehicles.
- Maintaining up-to- date and accurate records in the vehicle work ticket.
- Safeguarding the vehicle and all of its contents in his/her custody.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is well serviced and in good mechanical order.
- Good track record, smart and well groomed
Qualification and Experience:-
- O level certificate
- Mechanical training
- A valid Class C Clean Driving License
- At least 4 years driving experience
- Competence certificate from either VETA or NIT
Job Title: Project Officer – Srh/Wash
Based In Songe-Kilindi District, Tanga
Reports To: Project Manager –Intergrated Arp and Wash
- To provide technical support to the Project Manager on the implementation of Water Sanitation and Hygiene interventions and ensure timely implementation of project activities to achieve the project targets of the planned activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for WASH technical contribution to the implementation of project activities - WASH facilities design, planning, supervision and monitoring of WASH activities.
- Develop quarterly plans and budgets, implement planned activities and prepare activity reports, monthly reports and report to project manager.
- Provide technical supervision on construction of WASH facilities (charco dams, boreholes, Latrine, Incinerator, solar pumping systems, and RWHS and gravity water systems).
- In liaison with Project Manager ensure proper communication and involvement with District partners on implementation of project activities
- Support project/programme Manager in programme development, concept note and proposal writing in consistent with Amref Health programme goal and strategy
- Identify WASH training needs for community groups and train various groups in the community
- Develop and document best practices resulted from the implementation WASH project activities
- Work closely with local and national government structures for communication and dissemination forums.
- In liaison with project Manager to ensure the effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration.
Qualification and Experience
- First degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Water or Sanitary Engineering / Civil Engineering/ Water Resources management /Hydrology /Environmental Engineering/ Environmental Health Sciences and management
- At least 3 years working in NGOs – particularly on community based water and sanitation projects in consortium of multi-stakeholders (communities, local government, and donor).
- At least 3 years experience in construction supervision of water, environment and sanitation facilities (drainage, water supply, RWHS, latrines, boreholes drilling, charco Dams),
- Experience in community development and participatory methodologies /Monitoring and Evaluation tools.
- Knowledge on national policies and international strategies related to implementation of the SDGs, Poverty alleviation strategies on vulnerable groups specifically women and children
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document (do not attach certificates at this stage), indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of two referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 hrs January 29th 2016. All correspondence should be directed to: Email: email@example.com
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to apply