MWANANCHI COMMUNICATIONS LTD
Mwananchi Communications Limited publishers of leading Tanzania newspapers,' Mwananchi, Mwanaspoti and The Citizen is looking for highly motivated and experienced individuals to' fill the position of:
1. Legal and Administration Manager
To advise and obtain advice on legal issues affecting MCL including advising the Board of Directors on all legal matters impacting the company, ensuring MCL complies with the statutory requirements of• the Companies Act, attending to, preparing and distributing management reports to the Board of Directors and preparing and circulating minutes of the Board meetings, Board Committees' and Management meetings, coordination, preparation and distribution of Annual Reports, organise AGMs, and create an enabling working environment through efficient provision 'of quality and cost effective administration services for MCL to realize its business objectives.
As Legal Manager
• Provides legal advice to the Board, Management and Staff of the company.
• Responds to libel claims and liaises with external lawyers for court cases and/ or settlements.
• Reviews employees, operational and service level contracts.
• Coordinates Board and Board Committee meetings and AGMs.
• Managers and maintains the Company estates.
• Ensures that all company legal and statutory documents are kept in safe custody.
• Maintains Board of Directors minutes book.
• Ensures compliance with the Company Act requirements and the Memorandum and
• Articles of Association.
• Ensures that all trade licenses are current.
• Ensures that land leases are updated and running.
• May sign contracts for and on behalf of the Company.
• Ensure that Company interests prevail in negotiating legal fees with external lawyers.
As Administrative Manager
• Provide overall coordination of all activities related to office administration.
• Supporting the Managing Director in relation to projects/activities, infrastructure by timely follow up on implementation of various operational and administrative action plans .
• Constant audit of how the company does things and recommends management actions to improve the standard procedures.
• Supporting the company's security management to ensure a safe and secure operating environment.
• Managing company buildings (estates) and oversee all other general property repairs.
• Work as a custodian of all company assets.
• Ensures availability and control, of all required office furniture; ensure all offices have their consumables at all times. '
• Ensure timely processing of payments for property; rent, assessment/property rates, licenses.
• Review the existing facilities and recommend ways and means of optimizing resources to achieve best practice.
• Supervise contracted service providers to ensure timely provision of quality goods and services and processing of their payments.
• Liaise with users of various facilities and services to ensure that complaints are addressed in a timely manner and are minimized.
Qualifications and Experience
Academic: Bachelor of Laws Degree with honors Professional training in Administration will be an added advantage
Professional: Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania
Experience: 5 -7 years working experience
2. Features Editor
To coordinate and manage- operations of features desk to ensure continuous generation of strong content that conforms to journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style within set deadlines.
• Generates features articles for Mwanaspoti papers.
• Coordinates editing and production of features pages.
• Checks and corrects editorial for facts, accuracy, taste, house-style, language use, clarity, details, objectivity, spellings etc.
• Assigns features articles to writers.
• Re-writes the copy as necessary for simplicity, clarity, style etc.
• Writes or rewrites the appropriate headline for the copy, ensuring it reflects the overriding message of the story.
• Design features pages.
• Checks all headlines, captions, pictures, copy text and page logos and all other page elements to sign the pages within set deadlines.
• Checks the printed soft copy and corrects any errors, signs off the pages to go to press
• Supports preparation and realization of long-term and short-term editorial plans regarding the features sections based on continuing consultations with the Managing Editor
• Supervises the performance by subordinates in features section
• Prepares page one promos for highlighting special features
Qualifications and Experience
Academic: Basic University Degree
Professional: Diploma in Journalism
Experience: 5 years working experience combining writing with subbing
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact direct to the Human resources manager by 10th February 2016 to: .
Human Resources Manager
Mwananchi Communications Ltd
P. O. Box 19754.
Dar es Salaam.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Source: Mwananchi 29th January, 2016