TANZANIA ELECTRICAL SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED
EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (1 POST) REPORTS TO: MEDICAL DOCTOR - MTERA
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzania people.ÂÂÂÂ Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital.ÂÂÂÂ TANESCO now invites Tanzania national who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned post at Mtera Hydro Power Plant.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician (1 Post)
• To provide pathological diagnosis/tests to guide treatment of patients by observing medical ethics with regards to secrecy.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect patients sample as prescribed by clinician/Medical Doctor
- Prepares required chemicals and reagentsÂÂ for various test
- Advice the Clinician/Medical Doctor on alternative test leading to properÂÂ diagnosis when necessary.
- Maintain all laboratory instruments and equipment at the dispensary by keeping the proper records.
- Ensures the Laboratory is well stocked and resourced
- Initiate purchase of laboratory solvents
- Ensures cleanliness of apparatus and instruments
- Maintain all the laboratory safety procedures and adherence to safety policy
- Performs any other duties as directed by the supervisor
Academic Requirement and Experience
- Form IV or VI SecondaryÂ Certificate
- Holder of Diploma in Medical Laboratory
- Relevant experienceÂ for at least one year is preferable
- Computer Knowledge is preferable
SELF-MANAGEMENT AND PERSONAL TRAITS FOR THE MENTIONED POST
- Customer care
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative, innovative and team working spirit
- Demonstrate highest degree of integrity
An attractive compensation package base on performance and consummate with the experience and skills will be offered to the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value to the company. Together with the letter and certificates, Curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your past achievements/accomplishments with three (3) referees.
Applications should reach the undersigned address before 15th February, 2016.
MTERA HYDRO POWER PLANT
P. O BOX 2199
Att. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Majira 20th January, 2016