MOFED TANZANIA LIMITED
MOFED Tanzania Limited is Freight and Forwarding Service Provider wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Zambia under the ministry of Transport, Works, Supply and Communications in Lusaka, Zambia. It is based in the Kurasini Area next to the Dock Yard at the port of Dar es Salaam. We seek qualified candidate for the position of:-
1. Records and Archives Officer
To be responsible for managing the life cycle of all Company records, providing records administrative assistance, interpreting record retention schedules, requesting physical records from storage, and identifying records for destruction as well as coordinating the work flow of the physical records of the Company.
• Receiving, registering and controlling all company records.
• Preserving and controlling all company hard copy records.
• Supervising the arrangement of all files within the company file cabinets/file racks.
• Establishing and maintain the company`s records retention and disposal schedule.
• Training team members on record management procedures.
• Ensuring privacy is maintained for confidential records.
• Advising other departments on all matters relating to records management.
• Controlling and supervising accessibility of the company correspondence.
• Preparing and filing correspondence in relevant files.
• Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports related to records and archives management and submits to the administrative officer.
• Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the administrative officer.
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Tact and diplomacy must be a team player
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili is an essential requirement.
• Administrative skills.
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment is essential.
2. Executive Assistant
To be responsible for managing the Chief Executive Officer`s calendar, coordinating meetings and taking messages, he/she will be providing high-level administrative support for the company and its top executives.
• Managing day to day operations of the Chief Executive Officer` office and where necessary support the offices of two key senior executives.
• Planning and scheduling meetings and appointments.
• Making travel and accommodation arrangements for company staff and guests.
• Organizing and maintaining files and records.
• Play a crucial and leading role in the production of board packs for board meetings
• Providing secret documentation and instruments
• Providing quality customer service
• Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Skills Specification to the Post
• Strong communication skills, people skills, tact and diplomacy
• High ethical standards.
• Confidentiality is a must.
• Ability to work in multi disci-plinary and multi-cultural environment is essential.
• Must be a team player.
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
• Minimum of a Diploma in Secretarial field from a recognized training institution. Other qualifications related to the job will be considered.
• Good command of both English and Kiswahili language.
• Must be computer literate
• Must have at least three (3) years work experience as Executive Assistance or Administrative Assistant to senior officers of other organizations. Similar positions held may be considered.
• Ability to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural environment is essential.
3. Marketing Manager
The incumbent will provide technical support in accomplishment of business development activities by researching and identifying marketing opportunities in the market; developing plans, and implementing sales plans; managing staff.
• To be responsible for developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet the agreed company objectives. This should be consistent with the strategic plan in place.
• Conduct market research in order to identify market requirements for current and future products.
• Conduct market intelligence on a regular basis that informs the company activities and develop appropriate strategies to stay ahead of competition.
• To develop an annual marketing plan that fits into the overall short and long term objectives of the organization.
• Develop and implement a company-wide plan to push product, working with all departments for its execution.
• Develop a marketing budget that fits into the overall company budget and operate all marketing activities within the approved budget
• Develop a customer relationship management that seeks to improve the company`s service delivery.
• Managing the production of promotional materials and participate in trade fair.
• Develop pricing strategies and marketing guidelines.
• Preparation of high level presentations and tender bids to clients.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports to senior management.
• Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the chief executive officer
• Prepare quotations that would result in business inflow that adds value to the bottom line.
• Respond to tender inquiries by way of presentation and submission f bids.
• Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• A promoter of the company core values
• Be an assertive and proactive person
• Analytic mind
• Must be a team player
• High ethical standards and diplomacy
• Be an innovative individual
• Good customer service skills.
• Ability to work in multi disciplinary and multi cultural environment is essential
• Winning attitude
Minimum Qualifications and Work experience
• Bachelor`s degree in business related field or its equivalent from a recognized training institution. Bachelor`s degree in marketing or major is definitely an advantage but not necessarily essential.
• Ability to demonstrate technical marketing skills and company products knowledge is essential.
• Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
• Must be computer literate.
• Work experience of at least four (4) years practical experience at a senior management level in a reputable medium sized company. Work experience in the freight industry is a definite advantage.
• Must be a member of a recognized marketing professional association.
• Must be a self starter and requires no micro management.
Interested candidates should send application letters, photocopies of Academic Certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (with three references including addresses, telephone numbers and e mail addresses) to:
Attention: Human Resources Department
MOFED Tanzania Ltd
DAR ES SALAAM
And/or Email to email@example.com
Closing date of application is Monday 8th February, 2016 at 17:00 hrs. Phone calls will not be entertained.
Source: Daily News 25th January 2016