STAMIGOLD COMPANY LIMITED
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTANT (01) POST
Reporting Line: Finance Superintendent
Work Station: Biharamulo Mine Site
Work Roster: 6/3(42 days on, 21 days off)
Contract Duration: Not exceeding 24 months, Subject to Renewal
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Cost allocations by differentiating Capital expenditure vs Mining operational expenditure, Departmental costing and deferred cost arising from open pits.
• Running amortizations charges i.e. Depreciations, Prepayments, Provisions and Asset retirement obligation (ARO)
• Assist in preparations of Payroll and issuing of petty cash, follow up and reconciliations.
• Computations of statutory deductions, reconciliations and filing to TRA, GEPF, NSSF etc.
• Gold sales: Boxing and shipment facilitations as well as Royalty calculations.
• Assist in computations of Inventories balances (ore in inventory, gold in circuit and finished goods)
• Calculations and posting of accruals (services received not invoiced, goods received but not invoiced and materials in transit).
• Bank reconciliations and foreign currency revaluation
• Other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Accounting I Finance
• At least four years working as an Accountant, where two years must be in mining or manufacturing industries.
• Ability to close books of accounts on monthly basis and generate Trial balances on monthly basis will be an added advantage
• Ability to provide various reports i.e. monthly Management reports, variance reports etc.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, integrity and confidentiality is highly needed.
• Knowledgeable of accounting systems Le. Sage pastel, Pronto and ability to perform excel
• Functions and formulas
• Possession of CPA (T), ACCA, CIMA or in final stage of accounting board's examination i.e. NBAA module will be an added advantage
Competency among others
• Computer literacy is essential;
• Ability to communicate with excellent writing skills;
General Conditions for all candidates
Candidates should send their application (Cover Letter) accompanied by the following:
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae with three referees who can be contacted;
• Copies of relevant certificates to support qualifications;
• Copies of either Birth Certificate vote ID/ Passport, National ID (One of Them-Compulsory).
• Applicants should not apply more than once for the same position.
• Write the position title in the subject line
• All applications should be sent General Manager
• Closing date for receiving applications will be on Wednesday, 10th February, 2016 at 2:30 p.m.
• Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview and that not Contacted should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
All applications should be addressed to;
The General Manager
P.O. Box 78508
DAR ES SALAAM
May be sent to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stamigold offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.