VIGOR-TURKY GROUP OF COMPANIES
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION:
POSITION: SYSTEM ADMINSTRATOR
REPORTING TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SALARY PACKAGE: ATTRACTIVE
REPORTING DATE: IMMEDIATELY
Vigor-Turky Group of Companies is looking for a competent system administrator. The person will be responsible for all the system administration functions and responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The candidate participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and ensuring improvement on the current systemsand related procedures are adhered to as per Company’s values and Standards of operations.
The candidate will be accountable for ERP system and ensuring its security at all times and upgrading. An expounded accounting knowledge will be of added advantage. The candidate should be a person of high integrity that can work both well independently and within a team.
The responsibilities will include:
1. Engineering of SA(System Administration) -related solutions for various project and operational needs within the company.
2. Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
3. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
4. Install and configure systems such as ERP and ensuring all data are secure and the systems are upgraded.Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
5. Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
6. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
7. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
8. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
9. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
10. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
11. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
12. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
13. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request and approval of management
14. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with relevant department
15. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
16. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
17. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
18. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
19. Any other duty as may be reviewed by the management.
Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
Systems Administration/System Engineer certification.
At least 4 years system administration experience
Knowledgeable in ERP and accounting skills
Multi – tasking skills
Excellent communication and reporting skills
The candidates should send his/ her CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is required urgently therefore interview will be on first to apply first to be interviewed basis.
You can also visit our head office at Migombani-Zanzibar to drop your CV personally.