NATIONAL BANK OF COMMERCE (NBC)
Position: Head of Insurance
Job Grade: Assistant Vice President
Reporting to: Head of Customers Proposition and Liabilities
Location: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
To lead a team which provides value adding, cost effective independent and objective assurance to NBC. End to end ownership of Bank Insurance. To develop Bank Insurance value proposition to be delivered throughout the branch network.
• Accountable for maintaining an assurance risk profile for the country and proposing an annual programme of assurance activity to the HOA BA & ME in conjunction with the relevant proactive leaders.
• To establish a high focus and skilled team of individuals to adequately cover the risk profile of existing and new businesses to be established in the Region.
• Accountable for the delivery of the agreed assurance programme and other such agreed assurance programme and other such ad hoc assurance work as becomes necessary from time to time.
• Oversee and review the assurance plans prepared by the senior assurance managers employed in the region to ensure they adequately encompass the agreed objectives and scope of the assurance assignment. This includes the perceived risk areas and all other physical resourcing actions required e.g. the level arrangements etc.
• Accountable for ensuring that all instances of significant risk or lack of control are properly identified, all findings are factual, risk focussed and the agreed actions are clear/ understandable and practical, reports are also delivered in a timely manner.
• Responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge of assurance and audit policy and standards set by Group, BIA, regional regulators and professional bodies via the HOA BA & ME.
• Work with the HOA BA & ME and practice leaders on the development of assurance methodologies to maintain professional standards to maximise efficienct and create assurance approaches to non-standard and specialist risks.
• Accountable for ensuring that an appropriate level of challenge is provided to the Audit Committee facilitation. To attend country management committee meetings at the invitation of the managing director and provide an appropriate level of challenge.
• Accountable for ensuring sampling/testing on more complex/high risk audits, especially in areas of own specialisation, conform to the current assurance methodologies and are executed with independence, impartiality and accuracy. Personally undertake sampling/testing on high risk, complex or unfamiliar risk types.
• Lead risk based assurance workshops in the most significant high risk audit areas; to identify and agree with the business the risk and controls, which will form the basis of the assurance work to be undertaken..
• Responsible through own work/senior Assurance managers for integrity checks and analysing the full range of evidence and information available in order to identify risks and controls and draw well throughout reasoned conclusions.
• Accountable through the senior assurance managers for the production of high quality documentation and reports to support the assurance process. (Planning documents work, paper and reports.)
• Undertake and supervise consultancy type services to the business especially in areas of own practice leadership, at the request of the business/NBC). This will include ad-hoc assignments due diligence work and demand initiatives as may be required.
• Ensure appropriate papers are submitted to relevant committee such Audit Committee.
• Accountable for the maintenance of accurate and up to date BRACES databases that correctly reflect the final assurance reports issued.
• Assurance manual and other relevant policies.
• Performance management of teams (PD and personal development plant)
• Reward and recognition of staff members (annual basis).
• Ensure understanding of world class audit and best practice usage.
• Accountable for the execution of the training and development programme within the geographic assurance team. This includes the identification of development and training needs and to recommend/development appropriate solutions as required.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• In-depth knowledge of Auditing and investigative techniques under a risk based investigative techniques under a risk-based audit methodology.
• Comprehensive understanding of audit frameworks and the ability to interpret risk measurement in a banking environment.
• Detailed knowledge of the Banks governance requirements.
• At least five years auditing experience and/or working at a senior management level in the financial services sector with a proven track record.
• Exposure to and involvement in business unit level executive management.
• In depth knowledge of application of the Retail Business field, both internal and external best practice including personal customer product set, business and operation processes and associated tools, techniques and procedures.
• In-depth knowledge of regulatory compliance, risk and rigour management and corporate governance.
• In-depth knowledge of the economy, market, and customer trends affecting the business.
• In depth knowledge of Business Discipline (e.g. sales, marketing, finance, operations, IT).
Attractive salary including performance based bonus on achieving targets and overall business performance.
NBC is an Equal Opportunity employer
Applicants are invited to submit their CV`s copies of certificates, 2 referees and their contacts to:
National Bank of Commerce (NBC) Limited
DAR ES SALAAM
FAX: +255 22 2113749
If you are not contacted by NBC within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful, please send all applications before 7th March 2016.
Source: Daily News 22nd February, 2016