TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY AND THE SPANISH RED CROSS
Tanzania Red Cross Society, a charitable humanitarian organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of 1962 and her partner Spanish Red Cross are recruiting qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant positions in Moshi and Kimanjaro Districts of Kilimanjaro and Manyara regions respectively .
FOOD SECURITY AND LIVELIHOODS PROJECT IN KILIMANJARO REGION.
(KILIMANJARO VANILLA PROJECT)
POSITION: Project Manager
RECRUITING DEPARTMENT: Disaster Management Department
REPORTS TO: Disaster Management-Food Security Focal Person
DUTY STATION: Moshi
QUALIFICATION: B.A in Economics, Commerce, Social Science, Rural and Community development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In charge of all program activities and accounting officer for all resources entrusted
• Plans and coordinates the implementation of program activities
• Liaise with District Government & Local Government at all levels down to household
• Represents Tanzania red Cross Society in official meetings and all agricultural events in the District
• To organize staff meetings and Red Cross events
• To maintain and ensure a high level of discipline among NS staff and advise on the conduct of staff under him/her
• To support his/her subordinates during implementation process
• To ensure that the program is guided by the Seven Principles of the Red Cross Movement
• To be the custodian of NS property in the area of operation
• Ability to use computer software package and internet formatting languages
• Public: Relations
• Any other duties assigned from time to time by his superiors
DEPARTMENT: DISASTER MANAGEMENT
POSITION: AGRO-PROCESSING ENGINEER
REPORTS: TRCS PROJECT MANAGER
QUALIFICATION: MSc in Agricultural Extension and Education, Horticulture, Crop Science, Agricultural and Applied Economics, Agricultural Economics, Food processing and Agro processing.
EXPERIENCE: at least 5 years working with farmer's organisations (cooperatives, farmers groups ... ) in developing cash crops value chain (desirable in vanilla crop)
• Food processing
• Human nutrition
• Food standards
• Market and marketing skills
• Innovation system skills
• Computer software package and internet formatting languages
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Undertake all agricultural activities Planned for the targeted households ( 1.200 Farms and 1 o Farmer Reid School)
• Supervise and register data related to the vanilla production.
• Cooperate with Government agricultural extension officers assigned in the villages through the district and villages leadership.
• Advice the targeted households on the best practices for cultivating vanilla (organic compost shade and water requirements, identification of pest attacks and organic treatments for fungus as Fusarium).
• Conduct training to the targeted households on the management of the agricultural plots (specie: Vanilla planifolia); farming techniques oriented to get quality Length and moisture}of vanilla beans, internal management and guidance to strength farmer's groups (3), techniques of harvest post-harvest and storage of green vanilla beans, curing and processing of green vanilla beans to black pods, linkage between local farmer's groups and market (local, regional or national level).
• Supervise construction works
• Compile and collect data field for evaluation indicators of verifiable objectives
• An overseer of day to day performance of the vanilla subsector
• Advice the project manager on improvement of vanilla value chain
• Ensure vanilla processing and quality control are at market acceptable standards
• Facilitate a quality and standard management system
• Facilitate market access to farmers and other stakeholders in the value chain
• Enhance capacity of farmers and other stakeholders on production, market and marketing
• Supervise Innovation platforms to ensure compliance with regulation~ and quality standards
• Prepare reports at the end of week, month and year
• Perform any other duties assigned by his seniors from time to time.
POSITION: ASSISTANT AGRONOMISTS-TWO (2) POSTS- MOSHI AND SIMANJIRO DISTRICTS
REPORTS TO: PROJECT MANAGER
QUALIFICATIONS: DIPLOMA AGRICULTURE EDUCATION AND EXTENSION
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist and advice the Project Manager/Spanish Red Cross Delegate on the best extension practices which have a high crop yield.
• Monitoring of the agricultural plots in the fields and vegetable gardens.
• Prepare list of households targeted to receive agricultural inputs: seeds, fertilizers and farm tools.
• Prepare suitable materials (in collaboration with Agricultural officers), training venue and mobilize targeted population for training seminars: agro ecology, livestock, water committees, health issues (sanitation), horticulture, incomes generating activities, agriculture adapted to climate change, vanilla production, vanilla processing and reproduction techniques of vanilla plants in nursery.
• Prepare Purchase Requestors according to the procurement manual ofTanzania Red Cross.
• Cooperate and promote a working relationship with Agricultural, Irrigation and Cooperatives (DNCO) Extension officers working in the villages, Livestock Department Water Department, Health and Nutrition Department and others Authorities at Regional level.
• Assist in construction works of dams, latrines, buildings and storages and related activities.
• Collect data field to evaluate indicators of verifiable objectives.
• Participate In the running of Farmer Field School (FFS) and maintaining a high level of involvement In all trainings for targeting communities.
• Reports to Project Manager the state of the cultivated crops and stock units, progress and any disease outbreak,
• Prepare reports at the end of the month and year with ability to use computer software packages: Word, Excel, Access, Internet
• Perform any other duties assigned by his/her seniors from time to time.
POSITION: DRIVER – ONE POST
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMME MANAGER VANILLA PROJECT
QUALIFICATIONS: -Minimum Education Level - Secondary Education with valid Tanzanian Drivers License Class C"
• Basic knowledge of English and Computer applications as an advantage.
• Minimum 2 years actual driving experience, including ability to drive 4 wheel drive vehicle
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To drive TRCS vehicle in safe courteous manner at all times according to TRCS Standard procedures
• Responsible for the proper use and security of TRCS vehicles and other assigned equipment
• To ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean at all times.
• Compliance with working hours as instructed. Must work in accordance with the operational requirements o f TRCS.
• Perform daily vehicle inspections.
• Check vehicle for safety (tyres, puncture, engine oil, water dashboard lights and battery components) before use each day and see to it that Insurance and Registration are done In time.
• Responsible for all vehicles equipment (jack, spare-wheel, first aid box, fire extinguisher, triangle reflector, tools and spanners, VHF and Codan transmission, Radio and Cassettes compacts and supported by vehicle inventory card/sheet inside the vehicle.
• Refueling the vehicle in time.
• To make sure the vehicle is brought to work when due for service.
• Ensure the vehicle Log book is appropriately filled for any trip approved. And not to do any trip without approval.
• Report all defects immediately to transport Manager/Supervisor.
• When going for lunch or other duties the vehicle keys must be handed over to transport Manager/Project Manager.
• Responsible for maintaining TRCS procedures, Rules and regulations regarding the vehicle (and must also adhere to Countries Driving regulations)
• Perform all other duties as assigned by his/her supervisors.
• Reports Monthly to the Project Manager.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application letters should be accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, two names of referees, place of residence, telephone numbers and email address. Application letters should be submitted to:
The Secretary General
Tanzania Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 1133
DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for submission: 19 February 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed
Source: Daily News 11th February, 2016