Job Title: Grants Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Director of Finance (Mwanzo Bora Nutrition Program)
Application Deadline: 18 Mar 2016
The Grants Manager is responsible in providing efficient and effective support for the management of grants/sub-grams, development of financial and accounting systems in support of the sub-grants 10 partners, preparation of donor and internal budget monitoring reports, ensuring accurate and complete documentation, grant filing and compliance to all donor and internal requirements. The Grants Manager will also be responsible for ensuring a thorough grant/sub-grant agreements/contracts review, proper liquidations of funds advanced to partners and timely submission of financial and narrative reports to donors. -
• The Grants Manager will specifically be responsible for Grants Management Systems ensuring all grant management procedures and systems are consistent with Africare policies and donors rules and regulations, ensuring that systems are regularly updated and effective in analyzing variances and coordination of budget realignments and regular updating of grants files;
• Reports Management by reviewing sub-grant agreements between Africare Tanzania and partner institutions, in accordance with leading agency principles and frameworks;
• reviewing and providing support to institutional sub-grantees in preparation of their financial and programmatic reports;
• ensuring implementation of all donor financial compliance requirements in coordination with the relevant budget holders;
• monitoring adherence of sub-grantees to the sub-grant agreements and to donor policies;
• managing grants/sub-grants accounting and budgetary functions adhering to Africare Tanzania and Donor reporting requirements;
• Conducting regular visits to partners and Africare project sites to ensure that financial controls and procedures are in place to effectively manage grants.
• She/he will be responsible for Advances Management ensuring that systems for programme-wide income and advances tracking is working and lead in chasing income from donors in liaison with Finance Director;
• establishing control systems and preparing monthly income progress reports;
• she/he will also support management in Grants Proposals preparation and strengthening of staff capacity to complete financial and programmatic reporting requirements;
• ensure a system is in place and working to analyse overhead costs, and that the system works 10 track administration cost recovery; ensure timely and accurate information is provided to management on Grants
• Management systems to produce quality and competitive project proposals. Slhe will directly lead, manage and motivate staff under her/his line management ensuring that they have clear work plans that address project objectives and Receives regular supervisions and reviews;
• participate in developing the country programme funding strategy and preparing Annual Financial Operational Plans;
• ensure budget-holders are provided with the information and training they need in order to understand donor guidelines, compliance issues and the Africare Tanzania grant management procedures, and ensure all grants are audited as per the donor-rules and regulations and assist throughout the processes for smooth completion.
• The right candidate will be a holder of Professional qualifications in Accounting: CP/ACCA or Degree in Accounting;
• at least 7 years NGOs experiences especially OD grants management;
• proven experience in preparing budgets, financial monitoring reports, budgetary systems and controls with strong analytical skills;
• experience in staff management, supervision and training; knowledge and experience of financial computer applications, including Quick books accounting packages and spreadsheets;
• knowledge of donor financial policies and guidelines including USAID/USG funded programmes;
• ability to support, work with and interpret financial reports to staff with limited financial skills;
• strong organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a professional team;
• willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment from time to time
Job Title: Finance and Administrative officer
(Two Positions: 1MBNP and 1 Global Fund)
Duty Station: Mbeya,
Reporting to: Regional Coordinator, Mwanzo Bora Nutrition Program & Prog. Manager (Global Fund)
• The incumbent is expected to proactively assure excellence in Africare Tanzania's financial accounting and management of fund and administrative matters, providing timely technical advice to the Regional Coordinator and Chief of Party (CoP) on Regional financial and administrative matters.
• This position provides overall leadership to the Regional Project Finance and Administrative Unit.
• The position holder will work closely with the Regional Coordinator for MBNP, and Project Manager for Global fund, Finance Manager, Human Resources Manager, Procurement and Logistics Officer. And coordinate the program vis a vis the country office in financial matters as per rules and regulations of Africare.
• She/He will cooperate with Chief of Party to ensure that the program achieves its objectives for cost efficiency and fiscal
• The candidate will specifically be responsible for program funds management working in coordination with Director of Finance & Admin, program Manager, to prepare Quarterly Funds Requests, ensuring that the minimum amount of funds are available in the project accounting to fully implement projects meet all financial engagement, maintain financial and accounting systems and reporting as guided by the rules and regulations of Africare and perform periodic reviews and certify the General Ledger, cash book, Trial balance and other pertinent reports generated in Financial accounting system in this case QuickBooks;
• Maintain Accounts Receivable (AIR) for all program staff and ensure settlement of all cash advances within specified time frame and prepare financial report as per donor requirements and time line with in addition to Africare financial formats ;Assist in Budgeting and developing regional funds request on quarterly basis, develop and maintain budgetary controls of expenses, in consultation with Regional Program Coordinator/ Program Manager and Program staff; the position holder will also assist in managing Subs (CSOs) in the region by reviewing their reports and sport checks .
• As appropriate, S/he will be responsible for General Administration ensuring that adequate internal controls and procedures are in place, understood and adhered to i.e. in procurement of goods and services, work closely with project's Procurement/Logistics lo ensures procedures are compiled with as specified in Africare procurement policy for goods and services.
• The candidate will be a bolder of a degree in Business Administration- Accounting, or related field. A Post graduate qualification such as CPA (T)IACCA/CIMA will be an added advantage.
• The candidate must be registered by the National Board of Accountants and Auditors, Experience working with INGO for not less than three years, Good verbal and written communication skills both in English and Kiswahili, Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
Applications should include a CV and Cover Letter (of no more than pages in length); the candidate should briefly describe his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience.
Please send CVs to: Tanzania.firstname.lastname@example.org, including “position applying for” in the subject line.
Human Resources Manager
Dar es Salaam
All applications must be submitted no later than 18th March 2016
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we may not be able to respond to each individual candidate.
Africare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to workplace diversity.
Source: Daily News 7th March 2016