Good Neighbors International
Tanzania Country Office
Saemaul Zero Hunger Communities Project
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international, non-profit, humanitarian and development organization headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. It’s mission is to transform the world into a peaceful and secure place; where no one suffer from starvation, where no one falls victims to preventable diseases, where everyone is comforted and respected with no alienation for any particular reason by launching innovative plans, implements, and raises funds for the provision of services in child education, community development, health, water and sanitation, and disaster relief projects.Good Neighbors International (GNI) strives to improve lives, especially children lives through education, food, shelter, community development projects, medical care, advocacy and emergency relief since its establishment in 1991.
Good Neighbors Tanzania (GNTZ) was registered and officially started its operations in Tanzania in 2005 and has offices in Dar es Salaam (Head Office) and Mwanza, Dodoma and Shinyanga (Area Offices).
Good Neighbors Tanzania (GNTZ) invites suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian applicants to fill the following vacant posts at its Dodoma Area Office as hereunder indicated:
Job Title: Income Generation Officer (1 Post)
Reports to: Operation Manager
The Income Generation Officer is to operate and develop Income Generation Project, training and consulting community.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct business and financial literacy/management training for Income Generation program participants.
• Organize, conduct, and facilitate trainings and workshops for Income-Generation participant groups.
• Develop and foster networks with other Income-Generation Projects both locally and nationally in order to identify effective approaches.
• Partner with project groups to effectively plan, implement, and monitor Income Generation activities
• Secure funding and resources (e.g. facilities, people) for Income Generation activities through fundraising, sponsorships, and interested investors.
• Create, develop, and enact new income generation projects that enable Income Generation groups to be (come) self-reliant.
• Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation
• Write proposal and required reports
• Performs other related duties required
Skills and Experience
• Project development and business skills.
• Experience in the development and operations of income developing projects.
• Ability of managing finances (budget and expenditure) for small and large projects.
• Driven and proactive approach to work.
• Ability to work on deadlines/targets independently and within a team environment.
Qualification and experience
• At least three/four (3-4)years of experience in Community Development projects.
• A Degree in Community Development, Community Economics, Economics, Business Administration or related field.
• An excellent written and oral command of English
• Knowledge on Project Cycle Management, Humanitarian Principles, Cultural awareness (Cross cultural working, Inter-personal skills, dealing with local authorities, common ethical dilemmas)
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Must be energetic and passionate hard-working person with willingness to learn and grow
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications with only enclosed cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae containing the complete names of candidate, complete addresses (postal, email, phone); together with names and complete contact details of three referees.
Please don’t send any of your certificates at this level. Only cover letter and CV and your CV should show the experience which are only related to the community development issues and not just any experience.
The application should be addressed to:
GOOD NEIGHBORS TANZANIA
Makulu Street, House No; 8
P.O BOX 2946
Deadline: Submission of applications should reach the management not later than 31st March 2016.
Note that: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email and the candidates will have to take care their expenses for transport and accommodation during the interview, there will be no any refund for any expenses incurred.