East Africa Dairy Development II (EADD II) is an ambitious five-year program designed to transform the lives of resource poor farming families through a competitive and inclusive dairy value chain in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. EADD II in Tanzania is targeting to reach 35,000 farm families, about 210,000 dependents and 200,000 dairy stakeholders in the dairy value chain. The program is implemented in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania.
The following vacancies have arisen, open to Tanzania Nationals only:
Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager
Report to: EADD Contry Project Manager, Tanzania
Location: East Africa Dairy Development Project Office, Mbeya, Tanzania
Travel Required: Up to 25% Annually
Closing Date: 14th April, 2016
The Finance and Administration Manager will work with the programs teams and management to maintain financial integrity and ensure sound financial management of the country program. She/he wil implement and develop procedures which promote financial discipline to mee organizational goals as well as maintaining strong financial controls as they relate to the project. She/he will coordinate the timely preparation and submission of project budgets, financial projections, and financial reporting, and will serve as the primary point of contact in financial planning and budgeting. This position will also provide support in the process of accounting transactions, payroll management, cash flow, banking, grant management, and compliance with Heifer/EADD polcies and procedures.
She/he will work with the EADD Regional Director of Finance and Administration Global Director of Finance Operations-Africa nad Heifer Tanzania Senior operations manager in accounting, financial, and administrative functions for the East Africa Dairy Development II (EADD-II) project in Tanzania by maintaining accounting records; and providing adequate accounting information and ensures the same is maintained in accordance with the laid down policies and procedures of the organization and in accordance with international accounting standards.
- Bachelor`s degree in accounting or finance with a minimum of seven (7) years experience in the related field; with three (3) years in a supervisory or leadership capacity
- Master`s degree or equivalent in international development, quantitative economics, business and or statistics or the equivalent with an academic focus on monitoring and evaluatin, plus four (4) years of direct relevant experience in Monitoring Learning Evaluation.
- Proven, solid and hands on background in the monitoring learning evaluation field, ideally gained through working in the development context, preferably in a non governmental organization (NGO) or relevant private sector context.
- Experience in supporting and monitoring field based programs in Tanzania or the East African region.
- Proven experience in staff training.
- Understanding of Heifer`s Value based model an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements, should submit their applications online through the following link: www.heifer.org/careers by 14th April, 2016 if experiencing difficulties submitting applications on the lin, kindly send your application to: email@example.com clearly indicating the position applied for on the subject.
Each application should include three referees two of whom can validate your technical expertise.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Heifer International is an equal opportunities employer, promoting gender equity and diversity.
Source: Daily News 30th March, 2016