ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCY.THPS is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 as part of partnership framework implementation plan between the USG and the Government of Tanzania which calls for an uninterrupted transition of PEPFAR funded HIV and AIDS programs into local entities. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Regional Administration and local government (PMORALG) with a goal of ensuring accessible high quality health care services to Tanzania's through establishment and strengthening of comprehensive family focused HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment services in Pwani, Kigoma, Mtwara regions and Zanzibar. This is a continuation of the PEPFAR funded broader US Government HIV/AIDS initiatives through Centre for Disease Control Tanzania (CDC) in Tanzania.
As CDC prime awardee; THPS is currently seeking committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in the following position.
Position title: IT Manager,
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer,
Location: Dar Es Salaam with frequent field travel of up to 80%
Job Summary: To support and maintain IT systems and equipments at the THPS central office and all regional offices.
- Perform day-today operations to keep all office systems running and available to users
- Maintain all IT equipment, including office servers, and workstation and PABX at THPS central office and regional offices.
- Advise and assist in procurement and set up of computer hardware and software
- Assemble and maintain inventory records for all computer hardware and software
- Respond in a timely manner to computer-related problems as necessary
- To diagnose and troubleshoot problems related to hardware, software and the network on both user workstations and servers
- Conduct regularly scheduled maintenance including preventive measures, such as updating anti-virus and applying critical operating system updates
- Provide training and assistance in the use of computer applications and hardware at THPS offices and supported sites.
- Advice THPS supported sites on technical matters.
- Carry out backups and make restoration when required.
- Develop and execute ICT Budget
- Responsible for development, managing and updating THPS website
- Liaise with technical service providers such as internet service providers (ISP) and computer vendors on technical issues.
- Review, advise and follow up on Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Execute other functions as required by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electronic Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or related subjects from a recognized institution.
- CCNA, MCSE or MCSA or other equivalent professional certification will be an added advantage
- At least four years experience at similar position
- Ability to work under difficult conditions with minimum supervision
- Must demonstrate high level of integrity & professionalism
- Must be able to deal effectively & timely with demanding and changing situations
- Conversant with windows server 2011/2012 as well as Exchange server 2010/2016 administration
- Network Management using TCP/IP, Cisco devices, firewewall,DNS,WIN,DHCP etc
- Knowledge of SQL Server Administration.
- Knowledge of Windows 7,8,10 and Ms office 2007,2010,2013
- Development and implementation of IT Security and Policy
- Knowledge of Website Development and Administration.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply through THPS website(www.thps.or.tz) using vacancy link located under career opportunities, attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by April 15th 2016 with a subject line for example: IT Manager. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.