TANZANIA TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY LIMITED
THE COMPANY OVERVIEW
Tanzania Telecommunications Company Limited was founded in 1994 and is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, TTCL, an integrated communications company, has been an operator in the Telecommunication Industry for over twenty (20) years providing both fixed and wireless Voice and Data services. The company serves corporations and companies, government, diplomatic missions, medium and small business enterprises, residential customers, and the general public.
Alpplications are invited from suitable and competent Tanzania Professionals wishing to be part of TTCL Transformation to apply for the following positions currently existing in the Company.
The Company Overview
Job Ref No: 3113000
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Report To: Finance Manager
Closing Date: Thursday, March 24, 2016 (16:30)
The Incumbent is responsible for coordinating system of controls over cash receipts and disbursements in the regions and the company’s financial accounting processes to statutory and management reporting requirements. Ensure that complete and accurate financial information is received and timely posted in the systems on daily basis.
- Undertake and maintain General Ledger processing through Sun Systems. Ensure accuracy and completeness of financial reporting and timely reconciliation against subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepare daily Treasury Reports and Cash Projection for smooth monitoring the availability of the company’s liquid funds.
- Manage general receivable and payable accounts on their amortizations/adjustments to represent the true and fair view of their balances.
- Manage direct banking to ensure all information has been communicated to stakeholders for issue the receipts.
- Ensure all remittances at headquarters, regions and districts levels are fully reconciled against cash books, bank statements and the general ledger. Also, ensure that all discrepancies are investigated and cleared without delay.
- Ensure all banks accounts at headquarters, regions and districts are fully reconciled against cashbooks, bank statements and the general ledger. Also, ensure that all discrepancies are investigated and cleared without delay.
- Prepare general monthly provisions as required by the existing standards and operations.
- Liaise with the subsidiaries and related parties and ensure that appropriate accounting and reporting in respect of intercompany transactions is effected smoothly all the time.
- Manage the direct banking to ensure all information has been communicated stakeholders for issue the receipt.
- Ensure management controls and checks are maintained to discourage fraud, and identify it should it arise.
- Collect, check and summarize all reports required for statutory accounts, internal stakeholders and external auditing purposes. These reports include bank certificates; cash count certificates, phone cards report, remittance report, annual stocktaking report, physical verification of fixed assets, accrued expenses, confirmations etc.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Line Managers.
Key Qualifications / Experience / Skills:
- Degree/Advanced Diploma qualifications in Accounting/Finance/Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accounting/Finance/Commerce.
- CPA (T), ACCA or equivalent qualification recognized by the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA).
- Minimum 2 years experience in General Legder accounting in a supervisory Level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, along with ability to develop and sustain effective teamwork.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Applications and Sun Systems Accounting Software package.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in teams.
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Able to meet reporting deadlines.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Applications should be submitted through the prescribed Application Form accessible on TTCL website which is www.ttcl.co.tz
- You are requested to follow the instructions provided in the application form. Failure to comply with the instructions may lead to disqualification of application form.
- The job reference number should be clearly indicated in the space provided on the application form.
- If any difficulties when applying contact our system administrator on 022 214 2553, 022 214 2607 during working hours for assistance.
- Closing date and time: Thursday, 24the March, 2016, at 16:30 PM.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates wil be contacted through their email addresses.
Source: The Guardian 17th March, 2016