COLLEGE OF BUSINESS EDUCATION
(INCORPORATED BY ACT OF PARLIAMENT)
Bibi Titi Street P.O.BOX 1968 Dar es Salaam
Tel No: 255 022 2150177; Fax: 255 022 2150122
Applications are invited from suitable qualified and experienced Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions, at the College of Business Education (CBE). College of Business Education was established by Act of Parliament, Act No. 31 of 1965. College of Business Education is a Public Training Institution which provides Training, Research and Consultancy Services in the fields of Accountancy, Procurement & Supplies Management and other business related disciplines.
Job Title: Assistant Lecturer – (22 Posts)
Duties and Responsibility
- Teaches up to NTA level 8 (Bachelor's Degree)
- Prepares learning resources for tutorial exercises
- Conducts research, seminars and case studies
- Carries out consultancy and community services under supervision
- Prepares teaching manual
- Performs any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicants must be holder of a GPA of 4.0 or average of B+ Master's Degree level and who have a GPA of at least 3.5 at undergraduate level specializing in the following fields:
- Procurement and Supplies Management - 4 Posts - Re- advertised
- Information and Communication Technology - 2 Posts Re- advertised
- Marketing - I Post Re- advertised iv) Accountancy - 2 Posts
- Accountancy - 2 Posts
- Mathematics - 2 Posts
- Marketing – I
- Procurement and Supplies Management – 2
- Electronic & Telecommunications Engineering - 2 Posts
- Mechanical Engineering - 2 Posts
As per Treasury Registrar's salaries Circular No 8 of 2015
1.4 Age: Not above 45 years old.
Job Title: Computer LAB/Technician Grade II – (4 posts) Re advertised
Holder of a Diploma in Computer Studies with proven thorough knowledge of Windows/Linux servers and should have knowledge of MS Office.
- Installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting end user networked peripheral devices, workstation hardware, and networking hardware products.
- Liaising with, and providing support and training to staff and end users on computer operation issues.
- Developing and maintaining an inventory of keyboards, hard drives, printers, modems, scanners, monitors, and other peripheral devices.
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls, e-mails, or pages regarding hardware and PC problems.
- Conducting research on various products of computer in support of its development and procurement efforts.
- Preparing documents on instances of hardware repair, installation, failure, and removal.
- Evaluating and recommending hardware products of PC for purchase.
- Performs any other relevant duties assigned by Supervisor.
AGE: Not above 45 years old.
SALARY: As per Treasury Registrar's salaries Circular No 6 of2015
Job Title: Personal Secretary II – (3 posts) Re advertised
• Holder of Secondary School Certificate with a Secretarial Certifiate from a recognized Secretarial College plus 100/120 w.p.m. shorthand in English or Kiswahili and 50 w.pm typing, tabulation and Manuscript stage III, Secretarial duties and Office Procesure Stage II,
- Receives and attends visitors.
- Types both open and confidential documents and takes minutes.
- Takes shorthand.
- Attends telephone calls and takcs messages.
- Ensures availability of all necessary working facilities for proper job performance.
- Takes proper care of all machines under his/her charge and ensures that they are used for official work.
- Types Cirulars, Certificates, Transcripts and Statements of Results.
- Prints reports, letters etc.
- Performs any other relevant duties assigned by supervisor.
Age: Not above 45 years old
Salary: as per Treasury Registrar`s salaries Circular No 6 of 2015
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address, email and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- The title of the position applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates:
i. Postgraduate/Degree/ Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
ii. Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
iii. Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
iv. Computer Certificate
v. Professional certificates from respective boards
vi. One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
- Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
- Applicants currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers
- Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular No. CAC. 45/257/0 lID 1140 dated 30th November, 2010.
- Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
- Deadline for application is 11 April 2016 at 3:30 p.m. '
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are encouraged to apply and are supposed to indicate in their application letter.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
- Application letters should be written in English
- This post is reserved for four campuses and the applicant should be allocated in any campus.
How to Apply
Application letters should be posted to the following address. Hand delivery is not
College of Business Education
P. O. Box 1968
DAR ES SALAAM
Source: Daily News 30th March, 2016