Standard Bank Group
Job Vacancy : Manager, Learning and Development
Human Capital: attracting and retaining key talent, providing learning and development initiatives, governance of performance management and reward schemes, centres of excellence to drive and embed Standard Bank values and culture.
In partnership with all Stakeholders in the Business Units, the incumbent will consult and support the provision of Learning and Growth initiatives throughout the employee’s lifecycle.
a) HR Strategy:
Implementation of Learning and Growth initiatives and successful HR transformation.
In partnership with the Head of HR, Group and regional Learning and Growth units and line management develop and coordinate the annual training programme.
b) Technical Training:
Planning and implementing training process flow i.e. Establish the Skills gap within Business Units and carry out Training Needs Analysis based on business and staff development needs, Coordinating and Evaluation training effectiveness.
Ensure proper implementation of core training, group induction of new employees and other management skills training as appropriate.
Coordinate the availability of course trainers/facilitators as appropriate.
Manage the training calendar to ensure delivery.
Evaluate the effectiveness of the training programme and determine the impact the training has had on the performance of employees.
Leadership Development and Change Management:
Identify high potential employees and program for their development across the bank.
Provide Management guidance and Counselling
Inculcate a shared mindset and foster employee loyalty to the Bank’s values & Ethics.
Facilitate team-building activity across the bank.
Performance Management and Talent Management:
Facilitate refresher workshops to support the performance management process and tools as appropriate.
Facilitate relevant training on people management and Talent management skills.
Linking performance and talent to Training needs Analysis.
Conduct performance and Talent Management Audits
Linking performance Management to Leadership Development Programmes and Talent management.
Assists the Head of HR in the facilitation of the Country Human Resource Committee, which is charged with succession and localization planning.
Enhance two-way Communication within the Business Unit by ensuring that line management and employees are informed on what is happening, why it is happening and how it affects them. Identify and administer formal and informal communication channels.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
At least 3 years experience working in a busy multinational HR environment.
A University Degree in Human Resource Development from a recognized institution.
Change Management and Project Management skills.
Training planning and facilitation skills.
Training Needs Analysis skills.
Good negotiation skills.
Knowledge of the banking business
Proficiency in Computer packages including relevant HRIS systems.
- Proposals for new & improved policies on an on-going basis.
- Implementation & Monitoring of Learning and Growth policy.
- Effecting timely and value adding Learning and Growth initiatives
- Mainly offered to line Managers within the given HR framework in regard to:
- Leadership Development
- Succession planning
- Training planning based on TNAs and budget
- Succession planning to ensure relevant leadership development programme
- Help Line Managers to identify and realise the capabilities they require to reach strategic goals e.g.
- All learning and Growth initiatives
- Graduate Trainee Programmes
- Making Change happen through the provision of appropriate training and learning solutions both for staff and line management and coaching Branch Managers to draw the best from their people through encouragement, support and personal charisma.
- Skills/competence development
- Training Programme
- Budget management
- Within the laid out HR framework, in compliance to the HR policies and procedures
- On Learning and Growth initiatives
- Counselling on leadership development
- Jointly with the Head of HR and line managers, implement decisions within the laid down HR framework in terms for learning and growth.
Online application, Click HERE to Apply