AVRDC - THE WORLD VEGETABLE CENTER
JOB TITLE: IT SUPPORT
AVRDC-The World Vegetable Center is a nonprofit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and regional offices around the globe. AVRDC conducts research and development programs that contribute to alleviating poverty and malnutrition in the developing world through the increased production and consumption of nutritious and health-promoting vegetables. AVRDC-Eastern and Southern Africa. Located in Arusha conducts vegetable research and training and provides information services for the benefit of its stakeholders in the horticultural sector in Africa. To implement its growing activities especially in research and training, the center is looking for a talented, diligent, ambitious and reliable Tanzanian Citizen, who places importance on quality, team-work and diligence for the position of IT Support under the nationally recruited staff (NRS) category, the position will be based in Arusha.
The Successful candidate will report to the Manager Administration and provides networking, backup, and hardware and software maintenance support services.
- Work with vendors and external IT support agencies to manage hardware, software, security, backup/restore services and network access.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, internet acces and network systems to ensure smooth operations and escalate issues to external IT support as required.
- Maintain inventory of Hardware, software and resources.
- Maintain logs of required repairs and maintenance.
- Provide network access to staff and visitors.
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal and software for renewal when appropriate.
- LAN knowledge, Network design and implementation, problem solving, technical zeal.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning: troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- A diploma or degree or equivalent in computer systems.
- The candidate is expected to have between two and three years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- The position is based in Arusha and the candidate should be willing to relocate.
Submit a letter of application, clearly indicating suitability to the outlined activities and qualifications; salary expectations; curriculum vitae; photocopies of certificates and transcripts; and tree names of professional referees including contact address, phone number and email.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent by email only to: AVRDC - Eastern and Southern Africa, Ms. Nadine Kwazi, P.O.BOX 10, DULUTI, ARUSHA, TANZANIA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on the position can be requested by phone (+255 27 255 3093, +255 27 255 3102). Only aookucatuibs sebt bt e-mail will be considered. Only applications from short listed candidates will be acknowledged. AVRDC-The World Vegetable Center offers an attractive working environment in a multi-cultural setting with employees from different countries and diverse backgrounds. AVRDC i s an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Closing date: the closing date for application is 20th April, 2016.
Source: The Guardian 1st April 2016