Job Title: Technical professional – Health Governance
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Gmbh supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
GIZ is looking to fill the position of Technical Professional – Health Governance in the Tanzanian – German Programme to Support Health, TGPSH.
Duties Station: Dar es Salaam
Fixed term contract
The technical professional Health Governance is responsible for:
• Supporting daily management of the thematic area Health Governance
• Providing technical advice to partners such as Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elders and Children, President`s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Regional Health Management Teams.
• Supporting capacity building of partners in health governance with a specific focus on efficient and effective public health administration, citizens participation in health planning monitoring and engagement with the private sector.
• Monitoring and evaluation of the progress of component activities and using the information/data to input into various programme reports including, quarterly reviews, annual reports, and contributes to the other reports and publications required by the programmme manager.
The technical professional performs the following tasks
• Using capacity WORKS, assists preparation and implementation of activities of the health governance component and carries out other activities required for managing the components.
• Monitoring of progress in the field of health governance in close consultation with the team leader, counterparts, reviews reports and documents on the progress of join TGPSH activities.
• Is jointly responsible with partner institutions for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other component activities.
• Assists national and international advisers in carrying out their work in health governance.
• Ensures full compliance of all activities with partner`s as well as GIZ`s rules and regulations and codes of conduct.
• Oversees the area of private sector engagement with specific focus on supporting regions and districts in setting up functional public private health fora.
• Builds capacity of regional and district health governance teams in local health governance including the involvement of citizens (male and females) in the local health processes
• Identifies relevant stakeholders/partners including local communities, government institutions, non-governmental agencies and projects, initiates and maintains good contact and conducive environment for cooperation with them,
• Supports knowledge management. Collects, processes and distributes relevant information within TGPSH and beyond.
• Provides appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports and publications required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
Required qualifications, competences and experience
• Bachelor degree in public Administration, Public Health or other related social science degrees.
• Work experience with Regional Administration and Local Government Authorities, and working with communities at local levels.
• 3-5 years professional experience, with at least 3 years professional in a comparable position.
• Good communication skills.
• Proactive, good networker and facilitator.
• Very good knowledge of English.
• Excellent in software skill (MS Office Application)
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates in hard copy to GIZ Office, ath. HR Department, 65 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road, P.O.BOX 1519, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: The Guardian 25th April, 2016