Job Title: Technical Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures all water supply and sanitation facilities are working to the set performance standard as well as public health requirements.
- Ensures that management information systems are in place to enable monitoring, coordinating, production, repair and maintenance, planning, and construction activities are taking place smoothly.
- Responsible for human resource acquisition, utilization, development and compensation in his/her Department in consultation with the Human Resources and Administration Manager.
- Ensures that strategic planning for urban water supply and sanitation development projects is executed to guarantee that operations, maintenance and quality keeping are taken into account for the growth and sustainability of the Authority.
- Manages water and sanitation assets.
- Conducts performance appraisal to all staff falling under him/her after mutually setting individual performance objectives, standards and plan of actions with his/her subordinates: and proposes corrective measures to the Managing Director.
- Ensures proper and economical utilization of Authority`s plants, equipments, vehicles and workshops.
- Recommends to the Managing Director on the effective way of recruiting and selecting all senior technical staff in his/her Department.
- Ensures maintenance of records on the condition of laboratories available as per the Government set ups.
- Conducts prompt and efficient investigation of customer complaints on water quality and quantity.
- Ensures that a laboratory service for physical, chemical and bacteriological analysis standards is available and working.
- Implements a cost effective mechanize in procuring, issuing and utilization of authority`s materials in the right quality and quantity.
- Prepares technical specifications for water and sanitation projects ready for procurement process.
- Liaises with procurement unit in the preparation of tender documents.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
Academic Qualifications and Work Experience
- University Degree/Advanced Diploma majoring in Civil, Environmental, Sanitary or Water Resources, water Supply or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized higher learning institution is an added advantage.
- The candidate must be registered by Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania (ERB) as a professional Engineer in the above mentioned fields.
- Not less than five (5) years work experience in a relevant field out of which 3 years should be in managerial position.
- Good interpersonal, communication skills and knowledge in application of engineering software.
Tenure of Appointment and Remuneration
- According to IRUWASA salary scale: IWAS 11
- Appointment will be on contractual terms (five years) renewable upon good work performance.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania.
- Age between 35 and 45 years.
- Applicants must attach an up to date curriculum vitae (CV) with reliable contacts, postal address, email and telephone/mobile numbers.
- Applicants should indicate names and contact addresses of at least three referees.
- Applicants must attach their relevant copies of academic and professional certificates, form IV and form VI national Examination certificates and birth certificates.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Mode of Application
All applications should be sent to IRUWASA by hand, registered post, EMS and DHL not later than 15th May, 2016.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
Iringa Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority
NOTE: WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Source: Mwananchi 22nd April, 2016