Position DescriptionOUR MISSION:
CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning, reproductive and sexual healthcare and allied services. MST is a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 45 countries worldwide. MST’s goal is to improve quality of life in Tanzania by dramatically improving access to and use of family planning and other reproductive health services.
The Musoma Center Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily running of the clinic. They are responsible for developing, coordinating and facilitating the implementation of Centre plan, strategies and program according to annual strategic plan and budget. They supervises the provision of quality Health Services at the Centre. The centre manager works closely with the Clinic lead, Centres Coordinators, Customer Care Coordinator and support office staff in order to deliver high quality services.
• Continuously develop Clinic in line with the values of MSI Partnership and the goals of maximizing access of clients to affordable and high quality family planning services
• Ensure high quality service delivery of Family Planning, reproductive and general health services.
• Manage daily the electronic patient information system. Maintain high quality data collection and recording, support team members with data entry. Submit reports in a timely manner.
• Take responsibility for costs to be contained within the approved annual budget. Striving for income from services to meet or exceed budgeted targets
• Effective stock management; adequate but not excessive stocks are maintained. Timely submission of stock reports and orders. Routine reconciliation of stock at centre level. • Motivate and continuously set performance targets for centre staff and appraise their job performance. Identify training needs and arrange for these to be met
• Ensure that staff receive regular feedback on performance and are informed of any major changes within MST that may have an effect on their activities
• Work closely with Customer Care Advisor to ensure low rejection rate among corporate clients and high standards of customer care
• Ensure proper management of Community Based Mobilizers [CBM] and monitoring/evaluation of CBM activities in line with overall marketing goals of MST and application of ‘value for money’ principle
• Participate in development of strategic initiatives/plans
• University Degree level preferably in Health Science, social sciences, or Business
• Fluent English both oral and written. EXPERIENCE
• At least 2 years’ experience in the health Industry
• At least 3 years’ experience in managerial position
• Proven track record of people management and leadership skills of not less than five years in a senior management position;
• Able to develop and articulate a clear strategic vision Strong administrative skills
• Working knowledge of computer programs, word, excel,
• Able to prioritise complex workload and work independently Visionary and strategic thinker
• Good analytical skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and team skills;
• Keen in community health services; • Effective communicator;
• Decision making skills;
• Appetite for change;
• Flexibility, openness and broad-mindedness;
• High standards of performance and commitment to excellence;
• Recognizable competence/credibility to ‘mentor’ most senior levels of management;
• Ability to network and create positive, mutually co-operative relationships;
• Leadership skills
• Keen to pursue personal development;
• Strong commitment to the goal and vision of MST/MSI
• Sympathetic to women seeking family planning services
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your applications including a cover letter detailing your suitability and why you are interested in this post to the address below.
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street
P. O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam