POPULATION SERVICES INTERNATIONAL (PSI)
ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCY
Job Title: PSI Tanzania Country Representative (CR)
Who we are
We`re Population Services International (PSI), the world`s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI`ers” around the world. Its`s a diverse group on entrepreneurs and professionals with anunusually wide range of backgrounds-from the medical industry to the music business al with unique skills we bring to the job.
With support from the government of Tanzania and international donors such as USAID, DFID, Global Fund, KFW and private foundations, PSI has worked in Tanzania for almost 23 years. Since 1993, we have implanted social marketing and social franchising programs with behaviour change communication to deliver prevention and treatment products and services across a wide range of health areas including Family Planning and Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS, malaria and child survival, and water-bome diseases. PSI is currently the 2nd principal recipient for Global Fund. The program is one of PSI`s top DALY and CYP performer with over 1.7 milion DALYS and CYPs annually and an annual budget of over $25 milion.
We are looking for an experlenced and dynamic country representative based in Dar es salaam, Tanzania to manage a large, diverse and high performing platform. The program has over 200 staff, with a solid donor base and is well positioned for further growth. The CR oversees social marketing and social franchising activities with a network of over 250 private sector clinics. Efforts to improve cost recovery of its products and services, is a strategic priofity. All programs are reviwed and analyzed through a total market approach lens to identify and address market failures. The user centered design approach forms an integral part of developing interventions that especially inpact adolescents. Women and chidren in Tanzania, You will introduce PSI to new partners especially in the commercial sector and strengthen relationships with existing ones. You will serve as PSI-Tanzania`s biggest advocate fr private sector approachesto public health challenges.
You will be responsible for the overall development, management (financial, administrative, and programmatic), and representation of PSI`s activities in Tanzania. You will:
Build Institutional Strength
- Foster the institutional development of PSI Tanzania through strategic planning, program development, financial sustainability, strengthening the Board of Trustees and maintaining strong connections to the PSI Network.
- Fundraise for existing and new activities and expansion of the health program`s portfolio
- Maintain and foster external relations with strategic partners such as government institutions and donors such as Global Fund, KFW, DFID, USAID, and private founcations.
Lead program planning and execution
- Provide quality and timely management oversight of all current donor projects including meeting programmatic and financial deliverables,
- Develop and steward annual and specific project budgets consistent with both organizational and donor requirements.
- Meet financial and other reporting requirements as required by donars and PSI/Washington.
- Oversee total market approaches for all the health areas to identify and resolve market failures that prevent attainment of health impact
- Monitor development and implementation of marketing and annual work plans, and serve as the catalyst for the creation of new health products and services.
- Develop innovative distribution systems and/or maintain the existing ones at a high level of effectiveness.
- Track sales and distribution figures as well as the performance of the sub recipients including the distribution network.
- Supervise evidence-based research activities to support social marketing and franchising decision making in order to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and to maximize health impact.
- Oversee a vibrant and diverse team of fechnical and wrketting staff, building local technical, management and leadership capacity.
- Guide operations in 4 zonal and 11 regional offices with a purpose of building depth in the capacity of national technical, administrative, sales and marketing professionals. This includes recruitment, development, training, and supervision.
- Develop and maintain systems that ensure the safety and security of the team and PSI assets in all aspects of its work according to best practices, PSI operating standards, and field realirties. Liaise with the Global security department and regional director on crucial events, high-risk periods, incident reporting and security policy changes.
- Develop and enforce field office administrative polices. Promote and demonstrate an ethical environment in line with PSI`s values of honesty and acting with integrity. Support the application of appropriate internal controls to protect PSI`s assets.
What are we looking for?
- You have at least 15 years of experience managing people, budgets and public health program.
- You have an MBA, MPH, MD or other relevant degree.
- You have lived and worked in adeveloping country preferably in Africa.
- You have experience managing a diverse and high performing team.
- You are passionate about using evidence for decision making.
- You have experience working with the private sector.
- You have experience and are passionate in building local technical, management and leadership capacity.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have significant demonstrated fundrainsing, personnel and financial management experience.
- You have significant demonstrated experience in management of programs in the health sector
- Previous employer relerences will be required.
What would get us excited?
Experienced and dynamic leader. You have led at executive level a team of very talented and technically strong staff in a developing country and have a passion for making health markets work more efficiently for more sustainable health impact. You have worked with and managed global fund, KFW, DFID performance based contracts and USAID projecs. You have experience working with a very diverse group of donors, international staff and national team to get results.
Capacity Builder: you have experience in building institution, local technical, management and leadership capacity.
Natural fundraiser. You have experience identifying business opportunities for health or securing funds from donors like DFID, KFW, USAID, or Global Fund.
Collaborative manager. You are able to inspire a shared vision for the PSI Tanzania staff. You have successfully helped your staff leam, grow and thrive in their work.
Relationship builder. You have experience working with Ministries of Health care companies, or global health donors. You are able to identify new donors and partners for programs. You are able to spot trends and keep the PSI global headquarters intorned about health needs and opportunities in Tanzania. You are diplomatic in cooling down emotionally charged environments.
A strategist and an innovator. You are creative, innovative and a strategic thinker. You are interested in exploring opportunities for social enterprises in Tanzania. You have a strong interest in health sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results.
PSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. If you quality and you are interested in theis position please send your application detailing how you qualify for the job, Curriculum vitae and copies of your certificates to: email@example.com before 8th April, 2016
Source: The Guardian 31st March, 2016