The Southern African Development Community (SADC) currently has fifteen Member States with a population of approximately 250 million people and a combined GDP of USD 467.3 billion (2006). The overall objective of SADC is to achieve development and economic growth, which is to be attained through increased regional integration, built on democratic principles and equitable and sustainable development.
It is following this background that SADC Secretariat wishes to invite suitably qualified, experienced citizens of SADC to apply for the following positions tenable at its Headquarters in Gaborone, Botswana:
Position Job (and Grade)
1. Director Policy Planning and Resource Mobilization (2)
2. Director Human Resources and Administration (2)
3. Director Budget and Finance 2
4. Secretary to the SADC Administrative Tribunal (SADCAT) (2)
5. Senior Officer Public Relations (4)
6. Senior Officer Conference Services (4)
7. Senior Finance Officer – Management Accounting (4)
8. Executive Assistant to the Executive Secretary (EA-ES) (4)
9. Head of SADC Plant Genetic Resources Centre (SPGRC) (4)
10. Risk Management Coordinator (5)
11. Senior Procurement Officer (4)
12. Communications and Relations Officer (External) (7)
13. Development and Performance Management Officer (7)
14. Human Resources Officer (7)
15. Administration and Logistics Officer (7)
16. Officer Documentation x 2 (7)
The SADC Secretariat offers a competitive package for all the positions listed below.
Job Grade Average Package per Annum:
Job Grade 2 US$ 90, 828Job Grade 4 US$ 81, 650Job Grade 5 US$ 77, 090Job Grade 6 US$ 72, 527Job Grade 7 US$ 68, 726Submission of Applications
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted to the SADC National Contact Point in the following respective Member States not later than or on 13th May 2016: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe
The Southern African Development Community (SADC) is made up of Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Your application should accompany the following:
a) a short covering letter stating the position that you want to be considered for and describe how your qualifications, experience and competencies are relevant to the position;
b) a 3 pages updated curriculum vitae;
c) certified copies of your degree(s), Diploma(s) and Certificate(s); and
d) duly completed SADC Application Form.
Should you be shortlisted, you will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications supporting your application, on the day of your interview.
SADC is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages applications from
Closing Date: 13 May 2016
If you are results orientated, you have a passion for the transformation and development of Southern Africa, and possess the required competencies, please submit your application.
Only applicants, who meet the requirements of the SADC Secretariat and being considered for interview, will be contacted. Should you not hear from the SADC Secretariat within four weeks after the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
For further details on the position that you want to apply for, job profiles and SADC Application Form, refer to the SADC Website: www.sadc.int
Details can also be obtained from the National Contact Point in your respective country.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, East African, Regional and International Cooperation, Dar es Salaam
19th April, 2016