TUMAINI UNIVERSITY DAR-ES-SALAAM COLLEGE
Tumaini University Dar-es-Salaam College (TUDARCo) based in Dar es Salaam, is one of the constituent colleges of Tumaini University Makumira. The College offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Education, Social Sciences, Business and Law. In an effort to continue providing high quality education and training carry out high calibre research and consultancy services, The College wishes to recruit additional administrative staff for the following positions:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Holder of Bachelor degree in Business Administration (Accounting),B.com(Accounting ), ADA, ADCA Plus CPA(T)/ACCA or its equivalent and has been registered as Certified Public Accountant with working experience of not less than five years in a similar position and reputable firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Ensuring that financial procedures throughout the College comply with University standards and the limits of authority on all matters involving finance are adhered to. .
2) Maintains the accuracy of accounting records throughout the college and the observance of standards practices and procedures.
3) Achieving these objectives by carrying out both regular and random investigations of departmental accounts both academic and administrative. .
4) Verifying college income from source to bank and satisfying to one .self that expenditure is properly incurred according to approved policy and efficiently charged to relevant heads.
5) Evaluating internal controls to ensure that accounting systems provide, timely, accurate information, protection against loss through negligence, dishonesty or otherwise. ,
6) Making recommendations to the Provost about checks and changes in the accounting systems and controls and the adequacy I of security arrangements within the systems used by the college.
7) - Checking that the heads of departments are maintaining inventory of furniture, equipment, and other movable assets in accordance with University policy.
8) Providing information and advice to the Provost to facilitate the most efficient use of the College financial resources.
9) Advising the Provost on the need to update or otherwise change of manuals of financial policies and procedures
10) Building up an effective liaison with the external auditors. - .
11) To report immediately any suspected occurrence of dishonesty to the Provost.
12) Performs any other function as may be assigned by superior.
Job Title: Assistant Accountant.
- Holders of BBA (Accounting), B.com (Accounting), ADA, and ADCA Professional level II or Module D or its equivalent. The Candidate will be responsible for accounts records keeping and to undertake day to day transactions of the Accounts Office e.g. preparation -t of invoices, payroll management and Salary administration and other staff payments, debtor’s records and collection/follow up.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Control and preparation of accounts up to Trial Balance.
2) Ensure that all accounting "documents are properly filed.
3) Prepare invoices from bills.
4) Revenue accounts schedules and reconciliation,
5) Prepare monthly pay slips for each employee, and keeping records and pay-roll registers.
6) Responsible for the remittance of net salaries to the employees' respective banks or preparations of authorized lists or those employees to be paid in cash.
7) Maintain the employees' ledger for staff advances; loans and duty travel imprest.
8) Follow up on outstanding amounts.
9) Maintain registers for debtors accurately and up-to date.
10) Responsible for banking of all cheques coming in to the College.
11) Perform any other duties assigned to him/her by one's reporting officer.
Job Title: Personal Secretary cum Receptionist.
- Holder of Diploma in secretarial with Office management from recognised institutions. The candidate should be able to type at a speed of 100/120 word per minute and be competent and conversant in a Microsoft office applications and internet.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Type general correspondences.
2) Type letters, minutes, notices, bulletins, Circulars etc.
3) Print reports, letters etc.
4) Take dictations when required by the controlling officer.
5) Receive telephone tails and messages
6) Receive and direct guests.
7) Organize diaries and schedules of the controlling officer.
8) Take a proper care of facilities and equipments in the office.
9) Perform any other duties assigned by the controlling officer.
Successful candidates will be offered an attractive package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications attached with a detailed OJ, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, a day time telephone contact and three referees' details should be sent to address below not later than 30th April 2016.
All applications should be sent to:
Dar es Salaam College - TUDARCo
P.O. Box 77588
DAR ES SALAAM
Source: Mwananchi 22nd April, 2016