Aga Khan Foundation Tanzania
Employment Opportunity - Southern Tanzania
MONITORING AND EVALUATION COORDINATOR
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational, international development agency
established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative
solutions to problems that impede development in marginalized and isolated regions. AKF is working
in Tanzania in sectors that include rural development, education, health and civil society
strengthening. The Coastal Rural Support Programme Tanzania, CRSP (T) is a multi-input area
development initiative of AKF in Lindi and Mtwara regions. The programme’s overall goal is to
improve the quality of life and social wellbeing of people in the two regions through sustainable
interventions in agriculture and market development, access to finance, health, and education.
CRSPT is a large programme with multiple grants being implemented in various sectors of its
This position will manage an M&E agenda that will test your analytical and management skills to its
limit. Reporting to the Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation, Action Research and Communication
(MEARC), the M&E Coordinator will manage and coordinate the monitoring, evaluation and learning agenda for the CRSP (T) which includes economic and social sector programming. The incumbent will manage the M&E team and be responsible for designing and implementing M&E frameworks and systems in order to ensure efficient and effective tracking of progress against CRSP (T)’s activities, outputs and outcomes, facilitating sector managers in the use of M&E outputs for planning and management, ensuring production of high quality reports for donors and AKF management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, coordinate and deliver on the M&E agenda of CRSP(T), ensuring that tools,systems, capacities and resources are in place to implement the various PMFs and report onagreed indicators
- With support from the MEARC, design M&E frameworks and systems in order to ensure efficient and effective tracking of progress against CRSP (T)’s activities, outputs and outcomes
- Lead the implementation of required assessments, qualitative and quantitative studies and surveys and output monitoring to track progress of the CRSP (T) grants. Facilitate sector managers in the use of M&E outputs for planning and management
- Ensure production of high quality reports for donors and AKF management, and documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt
- Manage and mentor the M&E team, ensuring capacity building needs are met
- In collaboration with the MEARC, manage and maintain the M&E budget and coordinate all matters pertaining to the budget.
- Post-graduate degree, preferably in Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or relevant field;
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation of rural development programmes particularly in agriculture and market development; at least 3 of these years in an M&E-related management position.
- Knowledge of Results-Based Management (RBM), including how to develop logic models and how to develop SMART indicators;
- Demonstrated ability in design and implementation of quantitative surveys and qualitative studies
- Qualitative research experience an advantage
- Knowledge of statistical packages and of data entry systems for quantitative data (e.g. Ms Access, CSPro, or others) is desirable;
- Demonstrated capacity to write high quality results-based and donor reports
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills; knowledge of Kiswahili is an asset;
- Strong people management and co-ordination skills;
- Capacity to pay extreme attention to detail
- Ability to live in remote locations and travel to remote field locations.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CVs (not exceeding 3 pages), including contact
details for three professional references, and a covering letter explaining why they are best suited for
the particular position directly to the Human Resources Manager through email at
email@example.com before the close of business on Monday 06th June 2016.
Please clearly indicate “Application for M&E CO-ORDINATOR POSITION” in your email subject. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
AKF is an equal opportunity employer
Aga Khan Foundation is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network