TEACHER - GEOGRAPHY (SECONDARY) POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Qualification: Bachelors in Education/Masters in Education
Experience: 5 to 10 years
1. To know the subject area and the syllabus thoroughly.
2. To design/implement the curriculum for the subject.
3. To plan scheme of work and lesson plans including time for revisions.
4. To ensure the student’s progress is monitored and supervised efficiently and timely.
5. To complete the syllabus according to the schemes.
6. To test the understanding of the subject matter and provide timely interventions where necessary.
7. To make periodic report to the Principal regarding students’ progress and discipline.
8. To recommend in consultation with Head of Department, the text books and other resources.
9. To develop teaching strategies and implement them in the class, be progressive and ensure that the latest teaching methods and equipments are used.
10. To conduct activities and extra curriculum projects pertaining to the subject.
11. To ensure that the students understand and follow school rules and regularly discuss with the students the rationale behind the rules.
12. To counsel students on physiological, personal, home or family problems and problems related to adolescence.
Interested candidates may submit their CV, copies of Educational Certifications, one passport size photograph and an application letter, addressed and delivered to:
The Human Resource Manager
Al Muntazir Schools,
Dar es Salaam.