Acacia MiningJob Description
Job Title:General Manager Maendeleo Fund-078576
GENERAL MANAGER MAENDELEO FUND
Acacia Mining has been operating in Tanzania for over a decade and during that time has produced over 8 million ounces of gold from our combination of open pit and underground mines, making us the leading gold producer in Tanzania.
We have three producing mines, all located in north-west Tanzania, together with several exploration projects at various stages of development, including exploration land holdings in the highly prospective greenstone belts in Western Kenya, Western Burkina Faso and Western Mali.
Our Vision is to be the best Company in Africa and our Strategy has three pillars, our business, our people and our relationships. In everything we do, we aim to act responsibly towards our people, the environment and our communities. This sits at the heart of our culture, and our licence to operate depends on it.
At Acacia we strive to create an environment that motivates and inspires our people to use their talents and become the best that they can. Our culture is embedded through our people demonstrating the Company’s six desired behaviors in everything that they do:
• We plan the work and work to plan
• We hold people accountable and recognise performance
• We work as a team (collaborate) and communicate openly
• We do what we say we will do
• We act with a sense of urgency
• We develop our people to be the best
ACACIA’S NEW SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES STRATEGY
Over the next 5 years Acacia will work across its business to encourage SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES in the countries in which we work. SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES is part of our commitment to enhance RELATIONSHIPS with key stakeholders. The strategy also seeks to empower the PEOPLE in the organisation and contribute to BUSINESS efficiency and growth.
This new strategy advances beyond traditional models of corporate social responsibility as it is anchored on the concept of creating “shared value” within the Acacia business and the communities in which we live and work. Shared value strategies engage the scale and innovation of companies such as Acacia to advance social progress.
Our Goal is to help to develop SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES in the areas we work. We define a Sustainable Community as one that:
• Enjoys a thriving local economy that offers gainful employment and higher economic returns;
• Is safe, inclusive and treats all community members equally (regardless of sex, race etc.)
• Enjoys good access to social infrastructure such as health services, water and sanitation and education.
We are looking to employ a General Manager Maendeleo Fund based at our office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The Maendeleo Fund is the Company’s key social investment mechanism and will play an absolutely pivotal role in helping Acacia implement its Sustainable Community Strategy.
This role reports into the Company’s Executive and the role holder will be accountable to provide leadership and systems for the implementation of the Company’s Long Term Sustainable Communities Strategy, thereby helping Acacia to be recognized as one of the most progressive African Companies.
This is a permanent role based in Dar es Salaam, with frequent travel to the Acacia mine and exploration sites.
• Implement the Board approved Long Term Sustainable Communities Strategy.
• Ensure that the Strategy is tested and validated with best practice across industry and the continent.
• Develop and roll out quality Sustainable Communities Standards and Procedures for all core processes.
• Ensure the Sustainable Communities Strategy is fully integrated with Company Strategy.
• Manage the Maendeleo Fund Budgeting and Project Expenditure Sustainable Communities Board and Annual Reporting.
• Engagement with key External Stakeholders.
• Effective strategic partnership development.
• Develop organisational capability with respect to sustainable community development.
• Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent
• MSc Social Studies and/or Humanities will be advantageous
• Accreditation in Community Relations Practice in the extractive industry will be ideal
• Business related qualification will be an added advantage
• 10 years of management experience
• Extensive experience in managing complex multi-stakeholder development interventions
• Extensive African Development Experience
• Experience with working with Boards/Trusts and Executive Teams
• Strategic Change Management experience
• Experience working with governments and external stakeholders
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Leadership: developing and implementing strategy
• Practical knowledge of enterprise development, agriculture, social infrastructure projects etc.
• Project Management skills
• Funding (trust’s, etc.) knowledge
• Voluntary Principles and Human Rights knowledge
• Grievance Mechanisms experience
• Business Writing skills
• Systems design skills
• Facilitating ‘local’ ownership of Sustainable Communities interventions
• Presentation Skills
• Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Online Application, Click HERE