ASSISTANT TECHNICIAN (MECHANICAL) -(2 POSTS)-(RE-ADVERTISED)
Duty station -NFRA Zone offices
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a weighbridge clerk
- Participate in minor repair activities
- Participate in servicing of weighbridges;
- Assist technicians during maintenance and repair ;
- Read and record weights measured at the weighbridge when the truck is empty and again when it is loaded and issue weights tickets;
- Keep daily record of weights measured at the weighbridge and all trucks loaded
- Perform any other related duties as many be assigned to by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Form IV Certificate or above with passes in science subjects ,and must have oneyear certificate of vocational on mechanical at a recognized training institution
Salary Scale: NFRASS 3
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- Form IV and form VI results slips are strictly not accepted
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
- Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
- Applicants current employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
- The attachments shall include one recent passport size photos; certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and the applicant’s birth certificate. This shall also include submission of certificate or application of registration by VCT or MCT.
- Deadline for application is 20th May, 2016
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
- Women are highly encouraged to apply
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
- Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
i. All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the
following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ (This address can also be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
ii. IMPORTANT: REMEMBER TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION LETTER. IT
SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO: THE SECRETARY, PRESIDENTS OFFICE PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIET, P.O.BOX 63100, DAR ES SALAAM.