Source Guardian, May 9, 2016
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA.
TANZANIA COMMUNICATIONS REGULATORY AUTHORITY
ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED
The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA) hereby invites applications from .suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts in its establishment.
1. IT Officers- TZ-CERT (3 POSTS)
(i) Job Purpose:
To assist in realizing the identified Key Result Areas that involves performance of the TZ-CERT operations and participates in ICT applications programme.
(ii) Person Specifications
• A Bachelor degree in either Computer Science; Computer Engineering or Information Technology from recognised Institution with relevant working.
• A minimum of three years post qualification experience in a well-established organization in areas of IT security or networking.
• Excellent analytical skills;
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively as a team player;
• Good knowledge of security risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
• Flexible, creative and a good team spirit
• Ability to plan, organizes, prioritize and manage complex and delicate tasks;
• Results and performance-driven with commitment to realization of the Authority's
• Strategic objectives;
• Ability to communicate and present clearly and team work
• Proactive, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure;
• Self confidence in work planning and decision making
• Ability to explain difficult technical matters in easy wording
• Ability to use tools and techniques for problem solving
• A good feeling for confidentiality and working in a procedural matter
• Good organisational skills.
• Ability to handle stressful environment.
• Strong communicative and writing skills.
• Open minded and willing to learn.
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT), and Reverse Engineering Malware Analysis, Computer Hacking and Forensic Investigator (CHFI), Red Hat Certified System administrator or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. .
• Broad knowledge of internet technology and protocols, In-depth understanding of TCP-IP concepts and packet capture tools.
• Strong knowledge and experience of UNIX/ Linux distributions.
• Strong knowledge of Windows Operating systems.
• Knowledge of network infrastructure equipment (Router, switches, DNS, Proxy, etc.).
• Knowledge of Internet applications (SMTP, HTTP(s), FTP, telnet, SSH, etc.)
• Knowledge of Security threats (DDoS, Phishing, Defacing, sniffing, etc.)
• Knowledge of risk assessment and practical implementations.
• Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to incident response operations.
• Experience with security technologies including Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems
• (IDS/IPS), Firewalls & Log Analysis, Encryption, SIEM, Network Behaviours Analysis tools,
• Antivirus, and Network Packet Analyzers, Security Systems Manager, Malware analysis and forensics tools. Demonstrates expertise in Perl or Shell! Bash scripting tools.
• Experience in programming language such as C, Python, PHP or Java.
• Experience in working in the field of IT security, Networking, System Analysis and design and Database implementation.
• Have experience with social cultural implications of Information Technology
(iii) Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide response to cyber security incidents.
• Assess vulnerability of networks and websites.
• Carry out malware analysis.
• Perform Forensics investigations on computer and mobile devises.
• Monitor country security threats, prepare and disseminate reports.
• Maintain and update website.
• Administer Information Systems, Infrastructure and working tools.
• Prepare periodic reports as it will be guided
• Prepare capacity building and awareness raising programs.
• Performs other duty related to the functions above as may be assigned from time to time
2. General Terms and Conditions of Service
• Term of Office: The posts carry a competitive remuneration package as per the approved salary structure of the TCRA;
• Other terms and conditions of service are as promulgated in Staff Circulars; and the Staff and Financial Regulations of the Authority;
• Legal Requirement: All officers of the Authority are required to observe the Code of
Conduct made under Section 10. - (1) of the TCRA Act 2003; observe provisions of Sections 11 of the Act relating to Conflict of interest; and Section 12. - (2) of the Act relating to employment and/or financial interest with any of the regulated service providers.
All applications including copies of relevant certificates and latest CVs should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him not later than 20th May, 2016. The CV should include addresses of two referees one of them being the current or latest employer. The post applied for should be cleared marked on top of the envelope.
TCRA is an equal opportunity employer
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority,
P.O. Box 474,
14414 DAR ES SALAAM