As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fUr Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. GiZ is looking to fill the position of Technical Professional in the Renewable Energy (RE) Project Development Programme - Sub-Saharan Africa (POP SSA).
POP target countries are Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique, Zambia and Tanzania. POP SSA aims to develop Sub-Saharan Africa's renewable energy markets by promoting business partnerships between German and African companies. It supports Germany's small and medium sized renewable energy business enterprises in their activities in the region trough
• Provision of contacts, mediation of interests, networking and matchmaking between German companies, potential private sector partners and relevant public sector stakeholders in the region;
• Continuous identification of business opportunities in the context of public tenders and on the private market; and
• Information dissemination concerning the regulatory framework, potential, business opportunities and financing in the field of renewable energy and rural electrification;
• Capacity development of local actors, both with regards to potential partners of German companies as well as relevant multipliers (e.g.) business associations), public sector stakeholders and decision-makers.
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Fixed term contract
The incumbent is responsible for I
• Developing activities and supporting the POP team in the design and implementation of activities in Tanzania including advisory services on RE framework conditions, trainings, technical workshops and conferences with the objective to promote Tanzanian-German business partnerships as well as showcase projects;
• Coordinating project activities logistically;
Coordinating communication activities including presence at renewable energy trade fairs and conferences;
• Assisting the Team Leader in Oar es Salaam, the country manager in Berlin and/or other experts she/he is assigned to in their technical tasks;
• Contributing to the knowledge management as well as monitoring and evaluation of the regional programme Tasks
• Works closely with Tanzanian renewable energy companies and associations, related authorities such as the regulatory body, financing institutions and organizations;
• Assists with the analysis of market barriers for the development of renewable energy projects and the design and implementation of an advisory process contributing to their removal;
• Supports the design, planning and implementation of business delegation trips to Tanzania;
• Assists the design and implementation of POP workshops related to Tanzania taking place in Germany;
• Supports the country manager in Germany in designing and promoting information trips for Tanzanian companies to
• Identifies tenders and project opportunities relevant to the German renewables industry;
• Uses his/her network in the Tanzania re-new able energy sector to establish contacts and create the basis for Tanzanian-German partnerships;
• Accompanies and supports Tanzanian-German business partners throughout the development of show case reference projects in Tanzania;
• Supports the organisation and coordination of training activities related to technical and administrative aspects of renewable energy projects;
• Carries out communication activities including trade fair presence to raise awareness for German renewable energy solutions in Tanzania.
• Follows up the project monitoring system, updates information concerning the progress of the project, periodically documents and reports the results of the activities;
• Assists in the recording and writing of results in each activity undertaken;
• Supports public relations activities of the POP;
• Supports short-term consultants and experts of the project to fulfil their tasks during their assignment.
• Collects contacts and updates a contact database of programme stakeholders;
• Supports the organization and maintenance the project/program documentation, filing the document management system and the Wiki-based platform.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Political Science or Engineering, or alternatively profound working experience in one of the above
Minimum five years of professional working experience in a similar position
Experience in project management
Experience in the planning, preparation and organization of events and workshops
Overview of the Tanzanian legal and political framework in the energy sector
Knowledge of renewable energy technologies particularly PV, biogas and wind applications is an advantage
Proactive individual with excellent networking skills
Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems and GIZ-specific instruments
Fluency in English and Swahili
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates in hard copy to GIZ Office attn.
65 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road,
P.O.Box 1519 Dar Es Salaam,