Good Neighbors Tanzania
Saemaul Zero Hunger Communities Project
Terms of Reference
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and development organization with Headquarters based in Seoul, the Republic of Korea. It is in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economics and Social Council (UNECOSOC). The Mission/Vision of GNI works to transform the world to a peaceful and secure world, where no one suffers from starvation; where no one falls victim to preventable diseases; where everyone is comforted and respected with no alienation for any reason.
Good Neighbors Tanzania(GNTZ) was established in 2005 and has offices in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Dodoma.
To manage in the execution of financial operations for the Saemaul Zero Hunger Communities project in Dodoma, and ensure effective and transparent utilization of financial resources
To ensure transparent financial administration of the project’s finance and accounting operations project expenses and operational costs, payroll administration, management of petty cash, and bank related operations
To provide financial management trainings to employees about procurement procedure, GNI financial procedure and proper documentation
To facilitate competitive bidding and contract for projects
The Saemaul Zero Hunger Communities project is a World Food Programme pilot project implemented by Good Neighbors International and Chamwino District Council, and funded by the Government of the Republic of Korea. The project will start implementation in Chamwino District (Fufu, Suli and Chiboli villages), Dodoma region, Tanzania by early 2014.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) To prepare monthly finance reports of all projects.
2) Prepare cheques.
3) Preparation of monthly statutory returns (PAYE & NSSF).
4) Establish and implement financial procedures in line with organizational requirements.
5) Recording and reconciliation of project recoveries and income recognition.
6) Timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions in line with organizational and donor requirements and deadlines.
7) Establish and prepare accurate and timely information for budget monitoring and progress reporting of program fund and grants.
8) Provide financial management advice on revisions of budgets, preparing periodical forecasts and any changes needed.
9) Management and reconciliation of the bank and cash accounts.
10) Preparation of the weekly cash accounts and monthly financial records including cashbooks, to be submitted to International Head Quarter in Korea, ensuring financial and resource accountability and effective management for records as required for auditing.
11) Disbursement of cash advances and reconciliation to ensure recovery.
12) Preparation and deliver financial issues training and related subjects as part of head office program for related staff.
13) Preparing vouchers both receipts and payments.
14) Deduction updates and draws money.
Competencies and Qualification
• Masters/Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accountor any related field
• Extensive experience of 3-5 years work in Accountant and management level and, being stick in one organization for 3 and above years.
• Posses Leadership and Managerial skills
• Fluency in both English and Kiswahili
• Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel and MS word
• Ability to work in an international and multi-national environment
• Well-organized, resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities
• A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure
• Commitment to the Organization vision, mission, values and goals
• Equal opportunity in gender considerations
• Applicants from Dodoma are encouraged to apply for this post
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications with only enclosed:
• Cover letter showing your competence and why you want to work with Good neighbors Tanzania and not any other NGOs
• Detailed curriculum vitae containing the complete names of candidate, complete addresses (postal, email, phone); together with names and complete contact details of three referees.Your CV should indicate the experience which are related to the administration and management and not just any experience.
• Reference letter/ Certificate of Service from the organization that you have worked at least 3years and it must be stamped.
The application should be addressed to Managing Director,GOOD NEIGHBORS TANZANIA, Makulu Street, House No; 8, Dodoma. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Submission of applications should reach the management not later than4th June, 2016.
Note that: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email from 4th~10th Juneand the candidates will have to take care their expenses for transport and accommodation during the interview, there will be no any refund for any expenses incurred.